HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » UPDATED: Former Dem rep f...

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 02:00 PM

UPDATED: Former Dem rep fired by Morgan Stanley after harassment investigation

Last edited Thu Dec 7, 2017, 02:43 PM - Edit history (1)

Source: The Hill

BY BRETT SAMUELS - 12/07/17 01:06 PM EST

Former Rep. Harold Ford Jr. (D-Tenn.) was fired from his job at Morgan Stanley after an investigation into a harassment complaint from a female co-worker, HuffPost reported Thursday.

The woman, who requested to remain anonymous, alleged that Ford forcibly grabbed her one evening in Manhattan several years ago. She also accused Ford of harassment and intimidation, according to HuffPost. A spokeswoman for Morgan Stanley confirmed Ford’s firing, telling the news outlet he was terminated “for conduct inconsistent with our values and in violation of our policies.”

-snip-

Ford was elected to the House in 1996 and took office at the age of 26. He served until 2006, when he ran a failed Senate campaign. He previously served as the chairman of the Democratic Leadership Council.

Ford’s father, Harold Ford Sr., served in Congress for more than two decades before retiring and being replaced by his son.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/363773-former-dem-congressman-fired-by-morgan-stanley-after-harassment

UPDATE

Former Dem rep fired by Morgan Stanley denies harassment allegations

Former Rep. Harold Ford Jr. (D-Tenn.) threatened legal action on Thursday after allegations he forcibly grabbed, harassed and intimidated a woman several years ago, leading to his termination from his post at Morgan Stanley.

"This simply did not happen. I have never forcibly grabbed any woman or man in my life. Having drinks and dinner for work is part of my job, and all of my outreach to the news reporter making these allegations was professional and at the direction of my firm for business purposes," Ford Jr. said in a statement posted to Twitter by a CNN reporter.

"I support and have tremendous respect for the brave women now speaking out in this important national dialogue. False claims like this undermine the real silence breakers," he said.

"I will now be bringing legal action against the reporter who has made these false claims about me as well as Morgan Stanely for my improper termination."

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/363796-former-dem-rep-fired-by-morgan-stanley-denies-sexual-misconduct

6 replies, 888 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply UPDATED: Former Dem rep fired by Morgan Stanley after harassment investigation (Original post)
DonViejo Thursday OP
dem4decades Thursday #1
CTyankee Thursday #5
Cattledog Thursday #2
riversedge Thursday #3
BumRushDaShow Thursday #4
Historic NY Thursday #6

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 02:03 PM

1. Pretty soon Morning Joe might be just Mika.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dem4decades (Reply #1)

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 03:11 PM

5. Firsst Halperin, now Ford.

I really hope nothing is up with Eddie Glaub, that elegant professor (Princeton?). I really like when he's on the show. And I like Meacham, too. He's a first rate historian on American history. He always has an interesting take on modern politics. And Heileman is outstanding.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 02:04 PM

2. He's on Morning Joe as well as the faculty of the University of Michigan

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 02:16 PM

3. Sigh

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 02:27 PM

4. I expect now he'll now be booted from M$NBC.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 03:43 PM

6. He was a DINO.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread