HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » 'He threw a fit': Trump's...

Wed Oct 11, 2017, 07:21 PM

'He threw a fit': Trump's anger over Iran deal forced aides to scramble for a compromise

Source: WP

President Trump was livid. Why, he asked his advisers in mid-July, should he go along with what he considered the failed Obama-era policy toward Iran and prop up an international nuclear deal he sees as disastrous?

-snip-

“He threw a fit,” said one person familiar with the meeting. “. . .He was furious. Really furious. It’s clear he felt jammed,” said one person familiar with the meeting.

So White House national security adviser H.R. McMaster and other senior advisers came up with a plan — one aimed at accommodating Trump’s loathing of the Iran deal as “an embarrassment” without killing it outright.

-snip-

That effort — described by seven people familiar with the debate, most of whom insisted on anonymity to describe the confidential discussions — led to a revamping of the U.S. approach to Iran and the nuclear pact that Trump is set to announce this week and which Congressional leaders were briefed on Wednesday. Under the expected announcement, Trump will declare that the deal is not in the U.S. national interest while stopping short of recommending renewed nuclear sanctions.

-snip-

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/he-threw-a-fit-trumps-anger-over-iran-deal-forced-aides-to-scramble-for-a-compromise/2017/10/11/6218174c-ae94-11e7-9e58-e6288544af98_story.html

10 replies, 4218 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'He threw a fit': Trump's anger over Iran deal forced aides to scramble for a compromise (Original post)
highplainsdem Oct 11 OP
yuiyoshida Oct 11 #1
Me. Oct 11 #3
Bernardo de La Paz Oct 11 #4
yuiyoshida Oct 11 #8
noneof_theabove Oct 11 #7
yuiyoshida Oct 11 #9
SergeStorms Oct 12 #10
justhanginon Oct 11 #2
truthisfreedom Oct 11 #5
GusBob Oct 11 #6

Response to highplainsdem (Original post)

Wed Oct 11, 2017, 07:24 PM

1. Why are they catering to his BABY TANTRUMS?

He is supposed to be an adult and should be told to act like one. If he doesn't want to hear it , let people be fired, or resign, and see how he would like to run the fucking country by his goddamn self.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to yuiyoshida (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 11, 2017, 07:32 PM

3. That's What I Want To Know

Big deal if he's angry, let HIM deal with it

Reply to this post

Response to Me. (Reply #3)

Wed Oct 11, 2017, 08:05 PM

4. No. tRump's way of dealing with frustrations is drop bombs / lob cruise missiles / throw papertowels

Nobody sane wants tRump left alone to stew in his anger unsupervised at the DayNightCare Facility (WH).

Reply to this post

Response to Bernardo de La Paz (Reply #4)

Wed Oct 11, 2017, 08:34 PM

8. I really hate this

Asshole.

Reply to this post

Response to yuiyoshida (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 11, 2017, 08:24 PM

7. Be VERY careful

what you wish for.

Go logon the History Channel and watch the Hitler documentaries.

Honor the Flag, check.
Tell NFL to honor the flag, check.
Fake New ever other sentence, check. [courtesy of Khrushchev - Russia ]
Firing everyone and replacing with real morons [Sect. of Education should have an education before getting the job]
Destroying all regulations [EPA, CHIP, Health Care....]
You should well hope that the Moron-in-Chief and Rocket Man don't create a nuclear winter.

Reply to this post

Response to noneof_theabove (Reply #7)

Wed Oct 11, 2017, 08:37 PM

9. HE IS AN ASSHOLE

and tonight he's going on Fox News to talk to THE COUNTRY'S NUMBER two asshole, Sean Hannity who would kiss his ass on PUBLIC TV if asked too.

Reply to this post

Response to yuiyoshida (Reply #9)

Thu Oct 12, 2017, 02:16 AM

10. Hannity couldn't kiss Trump's ass....

because his head is so far up Trump's ass already, he's going to have to get it surgically removed at some point. I suppose Hannity could kiss Trump's prostate, or his colon, if he hasn't already.

Ugh, all this talk about Trump's gargantuan adipose ass is making me ill.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 11, 2017, 07:29 PM

2. Why the f should we care that it is "what he considered a failed deal". This is

probably the dumbest piece of feces to ever hold the office of presidency. What he knows about world affairs is so little it is frightening and what is worse he seemingly has no desire to learn. All he wants to do is create crisis after crisis and feel like a big man. And everyone has to scurry around and try to placate him. It truly is "adult day care.

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 11, 2017, 08:14 PM

5. But but but... You realize this is fake news, right?

Twitler will be letting us know first thing in the morning.

Now where's that sarcasm thingie?

Reply to this post

Wed Oct 11, 2017, 08:16 PM

6. I'm so tired of reading about Trump and his anger

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread