HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Lynch Storm: Rapper XXXTe...

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 03:43 PM

Lynch Storm: Rapper XXXTentacion sparks outrage with music video showing him HANGING a white child

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by muriel_volestrangler (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Sun UK

A BLACK rapper has sparked outrage after his latest video showed him lynching a white child.

Hip hop artist XXXTentacion released the video for his latest track "Look At Me!" yesterday and has already been blasted on social media for the "outrageous" video.
n shocking scenes the rapper can be seen leading a black child and white child up to a swinging noose in a blacked out room.

The Florida rapper, born Jahseh Dwayne Onfroy, can then be seen slipping the noose over the white boy's head.

He then pulls a rope and the boy is raised into the air as his legs can be seen twitching as he his lynched.

Read more: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4457688/rapper-xxxtentacion-sparks-outrage-with-music-video-showing-him-hanging-a-white-child

Obviously the guy who knocked him out at an earlier concert didnt hit him hard enough.

53 replies, 4626 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 53 replies Author Time Post
Reply Lynch Storm: Rapper XXXTentacion sparks outrage with music video showing him HANGING a white child (Original post)
7962 Sep 13 OP
Initech Sep 13 #1
7962 Sep 13 #3
Initech Sep 13 #5
Judi Lynn Sep 13 #2
7962 Sep 13 #6
blaze Sep 13 #9
Judi Lynn Sep 13 #10
heaven05 Sep 13 #22
7962 Sep 13 #31
heaven05 Sep 13 #21
heaven05 Sep 13 #18
Judi Lynn Sep 13 #23
Egnever Sep 13 #36
heaven05 Sep 14 #47
yardwork Sep 13 #42
heaven05 Sep 14 #48
yardwork Sep 13 #40
heaven05 Sep 14 #50
Alice11111 Sep 14 #52
Alice11111 Sep 14 #51
Abouttime Sep 13 #46
msongs Sep 13 #4
jalan48 Sep 13 #7
Judi Lynn Sep 13 #11
jalan48 Sep 13 #15
Judi Lynn Sep 13 #24
jalan48 Sep 13 #28
PdxSean Sep 13 #8
Judi Lynn Sep 13 #12
Abouttime Sep 13 #13
Loki Liesmith Sep 13 #26
Judi Lynn Sep 13 #33
Loki Liesmith Sep 13 #39
Judi Lynn Sep 13 #44
melman Sep 13 #45
MrScorpio Sep 13 #14
aquamarina Sep 13 #16
Abouttime Sep 13 #17
Egnever Sep 13 #20
aquamarina Sep 13 #41
Judi Lynn Sep 13 #34
Egnever Sep 13 #19
FLPanhandle Sep 13 #25
7962 Sep 13 #29
GusBob Sep 13 #37
sarisataka Sep 13 #27
7962 Sep 13 #30
JonLP24 Sep 13 #32
PdxSean Sep 13 #35
melman Sep 13 #38
WhiskeyGrinder Sep 13 #43
heaven05 Sep 14 #49
muriel_volestrangler Sep 14 #53

Response to 7962 (Original post)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 03:48 PM

1. That guy is a major piece of shit.

On August 25, Florida rapper XXXTentacion released his debut album, 17, which entered at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart. The music arrived amid online debate over the criminal case against the 19-year-old, whose real name is Jahseh Onfroy. Last October, prosecutors charged him with aggravated battery of a pregnant woman, domestic battery by strangulation, false imprisonment, and witness-tampering. If convicted on all four counts, XXXTentacion could face substantial prison time. He has pleaded not guilty. He has also denied the charges in various interviews, saying the woman was attacked by someone else and wasn’t pregnant, among other contentions. A trial is set to begin on October 5.

The gravity of the charges is clear, but the particulars that led to them have remained murky. Now, Pitchfork has obtained a 142-page transcript of testimony by XXXTentacion’s reported victim, delivered over two and a half hours in January at a public defender’s office in Miami. (XXXTentacion’s lawyer, his manager, and spokespeople for his label, Empire, have not responded to requests for comment.) In the deposition, the woman said she suffered a grim pattern of routine abuse and offered harrowing details about what she said happened in the final days before the charges.
https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/xxxtentacions-reported-victim-details-grim-pattern-of-abuse-in-testimony/

That whole thing is horrifying. I would never want anything to do with XXXTentacion after reading this.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Initech (Reply #1)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 03:51 PM

3. WOW. Never heard of this. How the hell is he even out on bond.

What a major piece of shit is right. Hopefully he'll get what he deserves.

Response to 7962 (Reply #3)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 03:52 PM

5. I was wondering the same thing. When I saw that I was like "holy fuck!".

And just when you think it can't get any worse it does. And this guy is only 19. Yeah.

2. I wonder what photos in his memory, and everyone else's, of dead black men hanging from trees

provoked him to express his rage against what happened to his predecessors?

I'm not sure wishing for someone to actually demolish the rapper for his artistic expression will fix the kind of problem which bothers him, and men and women of all ages and backgrounds, me, included.

Response to Judi Lynn (Reply #2)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 03:53 PM

6. I doubt this bastard has seen the inside of a book much less any historical photos.

Please.

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 04:07 PM

9. He didn't need to search back in his memory

Response to blaze (Reply #9)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 05:05 PM

10. You know, it's a real shame for something these white teenagers actually DID to that boy.

That story just didn't make the rounds nationally and apparently INTERNATIONALLY like the original post of this thread did.

What an evil shame.

I'm so glad you took the time to look it up and post it here. It's very timely, no doubt about it.

Now, to add an event which happened in Texas to a man at the hands of three Klansmen:

Wikipedia:

. . .

Murder[edit]
On June 7, 1998, Byrd, age 49, accepted a ride from Shawn Berry (age 24), Lawrence Russell Brewer (age 31) and John King (age 23). Berry, who was driving, was acquainted with Byrd from around town. Instead of taking Byrd home, the three men took Byrd to a remote county road out of town, beat him severely, urinated on him and chained him by his ankles to their pickup truck before dragging him for approximately 1.5 miles (2.4 km). Brewer later claimed that Byrd's throat had been slashed by Berry before he was dragged. However, forensic evidence suggests that Byrd had been attempting to keep his head up while being dragged, and an autopsy suggested that Byrd was alive during much of the dragging. Byrd died after his right arm and head were severed when his body hit a culvert.[11] Byrd's brain and skull were found intact, further suggesting he maintained consciousness while being dragged.[12]

Berry, Brewer and King dumped the mutilated remains of the body in front of an African-American church on Huff Creek Road, then drove off to a barbecue. Along the area where Byrd was dragged, police found a wrench with "Berry" written on it. They also found a lighter that was inscribed with "Possum", which was King's prison nickname.[13] The following morning, Byrd's limbs were found scattered across a seldom-used road. The police found 81 places that were littered with Byrd's remains. State law enforcement officials, along with Jasper's District Attorney, determined that since Brewer and King were well-known white supremacists, the murder was a hate crime. They decided to call upon the Federal Bureau of Investigation less than 24 hours after the discovery of Byrd's remains.[citation needed]

King had several racist tattoos: a black man hanging from a tree, Nazi symbols, the words "Aryan Pride," and the patch for a gang of white supremacist inmates known as the Confederate Knights of America.[14] In a jailhouse letter to Brewer that was intercepted by jail officials, King expressed pride in the crime and said that he realized while committing the murder that he might have to die. "Regardless of the outcome of this, we have made history. Death before dishonor. Sieg Heil!" King wrote.[11] An officer investigating the case also testified that witnesses said that King had referenced The Turner Diaries after beating Byrd.[15]

Berry, Brewer and King were tried and convicted for Byrd's murder. Brewer and King received the death penalty, while Berry was sentenced to life in prison. Brewer was executed by lethal injection on September 21, 2011[3] while King remains on Texas' death row.[4][5][6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Byrd_Jr.

John William King

Lawrence Russell Brewer

Shawn Allen Berry

James Byrd Jr., one year before these pieces of filth murdered him.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Next, a copy-cat horizontal lynching, done in Texas TEN YEARS after the murder of James Byrd, Jr:

Black man dragged to death 200 miles from site of Byrd murder 10 years ago.

Brandon McClelland, 24, was dragged to death beneath a truck driven by two white men in Paris, Texas last month. McClelland was black. The site of his death is about 200 miles from the location where James Byrd was murdered in a similar manner ten years ago.
. . .

McClelland's murder took place on September 16, 2008. Parts of his mangled body were found strewn along the highway at great distance.

First responders treated the case as a hit and run. The county district attorney's office denied the possibility of racist motivations, and said comparisons to the Byrd lynching were "preposterous."

More:
https://boingboing.net/2008/10/24/black-man-dragged-to.html

The Democratic Party is THE Party which brought the desperately needed Civil Rights legislation in this country, after which time, a lot of filthy Southern bigots lept away from the party of Southern Democrats and attached themselves to the Republican Party.

Response to Judi Lynn (Reply #10)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 06:14 PM

22. they're baaaccck

by the millions, 66 million plus at last count and charlottesville and charleston are just warm-up swings....

Response to Judi Lynn (Reply #10)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 07:22 PM

31. One already executed, one still (for some likely stupid reason) waiting.

At least it "only" took 13 yrs to give Brewer the needle. About 12 too long, but still not the usual 25

Response to blaze (Reply #9)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 06:10 PM

21. exactly

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 05:57 PM

18. true

I have a large poster of 3 black men hanged in a white picnic atmosphere with smiling and laughing whites pointing and jeering. Those here who are sssoooooooo, so outraged just remind me of another time, now revisited with our current potus and his love for the klan and being a white supremacist. The outrage is only because of skin color. I don't think there would be much if only the black child were faux hanged...hell Tamir RICE 11 years old, gunned down by police and many here excused the police for shooting that child seconds, seconds goddamit after arriving.....please, your outrage here is noted and ignored.

Response to heaven05 (Reply #18)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 06:19 PM

23. Glad you mentioned that very young man's name. He would have died of shock, no doubt,

had the cops roared up on him, as they did, without shooting him to death, considering he was playing outdoors. Without a warning.

How many 11 year old white boys have been shot to death for playing with their guns at a deserted public park?

His sister tried to object and they went after her, too.

I'm still as horrified now as I was when I first heard the news.

I've seen photographs like the one you have, with every white person there having the time of his/her life.

Mentally, spiritually diseased to the core. Grotesque goblins.

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 07:59 PM

36. What?

you have a poster of people hung with a bunch of white folks sitting around having a picnic??

Why in the fuck would you have something like that?

I call bullshit that many here excused the police for shooting Tamir Rice. I defy you to link a single poster defending that shit.

Response to Egnever (Reply #36)

Thu Sep 14, 2017, 12:16 AM

47. you can call

a whole barn full of bullshit. I know what I read. You can go linking, I don't need to. it's a done deal and what you call means NOTHING to me. And WTF would I have something like that? To constantly remind me of the history that blacks and white share in this country and to always be reminded that we are but one potus away from returning to the good ole boys 'good old days'...... Who do you think you are to question me about the history that was created and is being continually perpetuated by white racist hate.....you don't have that right, go bark up another tree. Wrong one here because you would want me to deny the truth of the present ameriKKKan culture and it's hateful, racist and bigoted history. No time for that in these dangerous days for POC....and that ain't "nonsense". bye

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 08:16 PM

42. Nonsense.

Response to yardwork (Reply #42)

Thu Sep 14, 2017, 12:25 AM

48. so you say

mean NOTHING to me....dangerous days in ameriKKKa for POC because of white racist hate and it is a fact that it has ALWAYS been dangerous to be a person of color in this country. I live it, the gentleman in his "artistic" expression lives it, Tamir Rice died because of that danger, you just read about it...that ain't "nonsense". You can have any opinion you please, means nothing to me.bye

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 08:14 PM

40. Nothing justifies lynching a child. Artistic expression my ass.

Response to yardwork (Reply #40)

Thu Sep 14, 2017, 12:49 AM

50. nothing justifies

shooting down a black 11 year old child, but the police did, seconds after arriving. At least this was an expression of what this culture of racist hate has bred....I say we need more "expressions" to keep the hate in front of those who are the perpetrators of racist, bigoted white hate of POC, either benignly or like charlottesville and charleston, open "expressions" of white hate coming out the end of a 9mm in as church or a white riot of ignorance over statues that depict treasonous assholes who would have preferred I still be a slave....

Response to heaven05 (Reply #50)

Thu Sep 14, 2017, 02:24 AM

52. Yeah, nothing justifies it. No excuses ever.We have to stand together against meanness & evil,

Ignorant people, like the Nazis in Charlottesville & people at the Trump rallies. If we stand up together for what is right, there are more of us than them, and we can fight for a civilized country. If we let the goons divide us, we will be a country of hate and fear, dominated by the very people who seek to oppress and humiliate us, and even many who would still enslave minorities & women.

Response to yardwork (Reply #40)

Thu Sep 14, 2017, 02:00 AM

51. !!!

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 10:06 PM

46. You nailed it

This kid was born into a trickle down Reagan wasteland. He grew up in a Bush era where his brothers, uncles, aunts and cousins were shipped off to be fodder in another senseless imperial war.
Then the unthinkable happens, a black man, a sane, brilliant Nobel winning young American wins the White House on a tsunami of hope. Eight years later those dreams have turned into a neo-nazi nightmare of white privilege running roughshod over the new majority of Americans, a stolen election and hopes burned on a cross in an attempt to inspire fear.
These kids are paranoid, and for good reason. They instinctively know they have no future so it is only natural to see them act out this way.

4. doing what sells to people who endorse n support his views nt

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 03:53 PM

7. Maybe he thinks he can make a lot of money with this shtick.

Response to jalan48 (Reply #7)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 05:10 PM

11. You think it's all about money?

Recognition of vicious racism and anger about it are natural to sane people.

Trying to imagine the European descended racists as put-upon, and endangered couldn't be more bizarre.

Response to Judi Lynn (Reply #11)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 05:28 PM

15. I do. He will be able to set himself apart from others-stand out in the crowd.

Response to jalan48 (Reply #15)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 06:22 PM

24. He is protesting something living which continues to cause suffering around the world

to people WITHOUT power, without influence, without the full approval of society.

You aren't able, apparently, to see he is trying to make a point, not threaten a white boy. You'll get there, if you try.

Response to Judi Lynn (Reply #24)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 06:49 PM

28. I'll be curious to see what he does with the money he makes.

Also, from the article,

"In July last year, he was arrested and charged with robbery and assault with a deadly weapon."

Right now I'm not real sure about his message.

Response to PdxSean (Reply #8)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 05:11 PM

12. Absolutely. Thank you. n/t

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 05:21 PM

13. You're all missing the point

The kids only 19, he's got anger issues but he comes by them honestly, he's seen too much, been the target too much, he's in a rage like much of the youth his age.
The white kid wasn't actually hung, it was his way of symbolically making a point, of forcing us to face our racism and white privilege. He's making the same point black lives matter is making, the same point most here make, the same point antifa and the women's march was making..we are a racist country, with a racist president that was fraudulently put into office by 60 million plus racist assholes that we call friends, co-workers and neighbors.
Yes, that was an ugly disturbing image but we live in ugly times.
Our nation is a mess, we're in real trouble, but don't 'shoot the messenger' rather heed his warning.
A reckoning is coming, we better choose sides cause it's gonna get ugly.
The climate is turning downright dangerous, look at the weather its crazy. Sooner or later there's gonna be a spark that starts a fire, Charlotte was close. It's going to happen on tRumps watch. Things will quickly spin out of control cause most people, black, white and all between have had enough of this sh!t. The cops won't be able to stop it, the National Guard won't be able to stop it and to tell the truth they'll finally join our side.
A revolution is brewing, there's going to be winners and losers, choose your side wisely.

Response to Abouttime (Reply #13)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 06:35 PM

26. that's a lot of words to justify something awful.

Response to Loki Liesmith (Reply #26)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 07:43 PM

33. That post is completely appropriate, and I'm glad to see it in this thread.

If anything, I would choose to thank the DU'er who wrote it, as it is truthful.

Response to Judi Lynn (Reply #33)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 08:07 PM

39. Wrong on every count

Except perhaps where you comment about your happiness that it was posted...you may indeed find your heart gladdened by a defense of depictions of murdered children. But that's on you.

Response to Loki Liesmith (Reply #39)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 09:18 PM

44. Use some of your self-righteousness to see beyond yourself. You need to understand other people.

Only a silly person who doesn't think too deeply would make literal implications of things beyond their ability to grasp.

Of COURSE the man is not advocating lynching lil' whaaat boys. What would it get for you to awaken and evolve?

Response to Judi Lynn (Reply #44)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 09:33 PM

45. 'lil' whaaat boys'

What does this mean?

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 05:24 PM

14. Here comes the whitelash...

Not that I believe that any child should be hanged, even in jest. Not good in any case.

But clearly, playing specifically with white fragility and deep seeded feelings of white victimhood is like playing with old, unstable dynamite.

Ka-boom!

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 05:36 PM

16. What the ever living f*&k

What in the name of holy hell is wrong with these people - and using a child to boot? Sometimes I really cannot take the stupidity and ignorance of humanity.

Response to aquamarina (Reply #16)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 05:57 PM

17. No

It makes the white audience face its privilege and racism. It makes the white audience feel the pit in their stomach just the way POC feel every day in white trump amerikka. It's fear, fear every black mother feels in trump amerikka.

Response to Abouttime (Reply #17)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 06:07 PM

20. Interesting and not my reaction at all

Mine was well "look at me" sounds about right.

Response to Abouttime (Reply #17)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 08:15 PM

41. Again, sorry no.

I am a middle age white lady and images of black people being lynched leave me horrified and I don't buy your argument about having to "face my privilege and racism." Many years ago I read a book called, "Without Sanctuary." It was a devastating account of the lynching that took place in this country. The photos and essays still haunt me. To think about that going on in this country and the absolute terror those poor people felt knowing what was about to happen to them with no ability to escape. I'm sorry but I don't feel that I have to be black to be repulsed by any image of any person being "lynched." And using a child to boot. It is simply just too much.

Response to aquamarina (Reply #16)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 07:44 PM

34. Used a real child? Which one? Are you sure a terrible crime has been committed?

Time to call the police.

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 06:06 PM

19. Well the title is pretty apt at least

Haven't watched the video.

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 06:33 PM

25. This will be fun watching the justification for hypocrisy

Either people will condemn this or try to justify being a hypocrite.

This will be a telling post.

Response to FLPanhandle (Reply #25)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 07:15 PM

29. You only need to read many of the above posts. The justification is plentiful & sad.

To think this guy did this for any reason other than to get his name in the news is laughable. Yet other racists are pointed out as a reasonable excuse for this POS.

Response to FLPanhandle (Reply #25)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 08:02 PM

37. Lawd you nailed it

Good call

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 06:41 PM

27. Some things are abhorrent

And should be condemned without reservation or qualification.

Response to sarisataka (Reply #27)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 07:16 PM

30. Thank you for injecting sanity here.

Short & to the point.
THANK you.

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 07:37 PM

32. Really nice of The Sun to all caps black

No one knows who he is. I don't know what kind of point he was trying to make but I imagine many will use this to try to paint us as hypocritical.

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 07:45 PM

35. Outrage duly noted: FYI, movies with scenes of children being killed.

Hunger Games
Harry Potter
American Sniper
Battle Royale
A History of Violence
Pet Cemetary
True Detective
Black Water

Interesting factoid: No outrage about the depiction of Emmett Till getting his throat slit in the exact SAME video?

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 08:06 PM

38. Wow a surprise

A thread full of posts trying to make excuses for this garbage. Sadly predictable but appalling just the same.

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 08:19 PM

43. Looking forward to seeing the outrage when his trial starts next month.

For an actual assault of an actual person.

Thu Sep 14, 2017, 12:28 AM

49. many in this tread

would be laughable in their outrage if their hypocrisy wasn't so sad.

Thu Sep 14, 2017, 02:43 AM

53. Locking - The Sun is a tabloid newspaper of highly dubious reputation

that does not fit LBN requirements for sources to be "reputable mainstream news websites and blogs".

If you can find this in a reputable media source, please repost. Thanks.