HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » White House rips Sanders'...

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 03:37 PM

White House rips Sanders's 'horrible' single-payer plan

Source: The Hill

The White House on Wednesday slammed the push by Senate Democrats for a single-payer health-care plan at the same time Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) announced his proposal, calling the plan "horrible."

"The president as well as the majority of the country know the single-payer system the Democrats are proposing is a horrible idea," White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said during the daily briefing.

"I can't think of anything worse than having government be more involved in your health care instead of less involved," she continued.

"The president is focused on looking at ways where government gets out of the way, people have more control over their own health care and looking at ways to fully repeal and replace [ObamaCare] will be a priority, but we want to move the system forward and make sure we ware in a place that's actually sustainable."

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/350502-white-house-rips-sanderss-horrible-single-payer-plan

23 replies, 1809 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 23 replies Author Time Post
Reply White House rips Sanders's 'horrible' single-payer plan (Original post)
Pugster Sep 13 OP
mainer Sep 13 #1
onit2day Sep 13 #18
NCjack Sep 13 #2
underpants Sep 13 #10
NCjack Sep 13 #13
karynnj Sep 13 #11
dembotoz Sep 13 #3
Hulk Sep 13 #4
Cosmocat Sep 13 #5
safeinOhio Sep 13 #19
Hulk Sep 14 #22
louis c Sep 13 #6
Bengus81 Sep 13 #7
NCjack Sep 13 #14
NanceGreggs Sep 13 #8
2naSalit Sep 13 #9
underpants Sep 13 #12
turbinetree Sep 13 #15
FiveGoodMen Sep 13 #16
C_U_L8R Sep 13 #17
Blue_Tires Sep 13 #20
stuffmatters Sep 13 #21
Hieronymus Sep 14 #23

Response to Pugster (Original post)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 03:40 PM

1. Yeah, and millions of older Americans are clamoring to get off Medicare.

Since Medicare is so horrible.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to mainer (Reply #1)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 05:45 PM

18. This PINO has no idea what is in the bill and

Sanders is so hateful she would rather let the profiteering continue at the expense of life for those who can't afford the cost.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 03:49 PM

2. Sarah doesn't want it? Then I know that it is right for America! nt

Reply to this post

Response to NCjack (Reply #2)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 04:07 PM

10. I heard the main points this morning- sounds really good

The one that made me say DAMN! Was the 6.2% tax on employers BUT they no longer will have to provide health insurance. THAT's a selling point.

Reply to this post

Response to underpants (Reply #10)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 04:22 PM

13. Sounds like a deal closer to me -- wonder why Trump can't come up with these ideas?

Reply to this post

Response to NCjack (Reply #2)

11. Should a reporter ask SHS if she was willing to sign that she will never accept a single payer plan

even when she becomes eligible? (I was going to suggest they ask if her dad accepted it, but he is only 62 -- though he looks far older.)

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 03:50 PM

3. gopfreetowatchyoudie healthcare plan

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 03:51 PM

4. I still say, "If you don't like 'single payer', buy a supplemental plan"...

...so you won't have to be subject to the restrictions of a single payer system (Medicare) like so many seniors do today with supplemental policies to the basic Medicare coverage.

Why is this so difficult?? Get the message out! With a single payer system, we can cover EVERYONE! and jack the taxes on the wealthy to pay for it. There...killed two birds with one stone: income inequality and universal healthcare. Fuck the 1%. We aren't going back to 1950 rates, (which we certainly could/should to get our infrastructure modernized), but we are talking about BIG tax increases on the wealthiest, who can certainly afford a higher tax rate.

I'm getting tired of watching my country slide into third world status since the dismantling of the federal government started by "mr. 'the government is the problem'" fucktard. We have become a nation of jingles and catchy phrases to keep us all in line.

Reply to this post

Response to Hulk (Reply #4)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 03:53 PM

5. YEP

We have become a nation of jingles and catchy phrases to keep up all in line."

Stupid is at DEFCON 2.

Reply to this post

Response to Hulk (Reply #4)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 06:20 PM

19. Americans could have better health and

live longer if they'd just eat the rich.

Reply to this post

Response to safeinOhio (Reply #19)

Thu Sep 14, 2017, 12:55 AM

22. I'm almost ready to consider that...

....except I bet they taste dry and bitter.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 03:53 PM

6. Who pays for your health care, Sarah?

I'm guessing you have been on Government paid health care most of your life, since your father was an appointed or elected official and now you are.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 03:57 PM

7. Gosh what a shock!! NOT. Hell they think the ACA is horrible.............

Everything is HORRIBLE to them unless you roll it back to Pre-ACA days and let the insurance companies have a field day again.

Reply to this post

Response to Bengus81 (Reply #7)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 04:24 PM

14. We can't have anything, unless there is CEO sitting on top and plundering the cash box. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 04:06 PM

8. Perpetuating the falsehood ...

... that single-payer means government involvement in healthcare.

I live in Toronto, Canada, and have single-payer healthcare. The gov't has absolutely nothing to do with my healthcare, or anyone else's. It's ONLY involvement is PAYING for my healthcare.

The GOP has been pushing the myth for decades that single-payer means the gov't has some say as to treatment options, etc. Total bullshit.

The gov't doesn't even know I've been to a doctor, or any healthcare provider/practitioner, until AFTER I've already attended and received treatment. The gov't then receives a bill from my doctor, and he/she is paid directly for the care provided. I have no clue as to what healthcare treatments cost, as I have never even seen a doctor's bill - no less paid one out-of-pocket.

As per usual, the Republicans are full of shit.

Reply to this post

9. What everyone within his ability to hear...

should say to the orange crime boss, "aaaah, shudddup!"

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 04:08 PM

12. I can think of something worse

but I'll just leave it at that.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 04:43 PM

15. Hey Sarah and all of the lackeys that are against MEDICARE

guess what it COSTS me just me for having MEDICARE $135.00 being taken out of my Social Security check.

Just imagine Sarah and "all" of the lackeys that are against this WONDERFUL PROGRAM that we the people would save thousands every year and if everyone paid $135.00 a month in medical coverage, they also could save thousands even if they have a pre-existing condition, which everyone has and its called death, and I am not being discriminated against based on age, like it is now.

And just think Sarah a family of four would have 80/20 coverage and pay only $540.00 a month, sure is fu*ck a lot better than paying $650.00 dollars a month just for one person to have some f*cking metal progream and to give it to a "for profit BS health care system", let me say it again Sarah, it would be better than paying for some worthless metal program to give to a it to a "for profit BS system".

Hey Sarah you have no f*cking clue what single payer means .......................none, and every time you stand in front of that podium you speak for a f*cking TRAITOR, just like Judas and Benedict Arnold selling there soul for a pot of gold.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 04:47 PM

16. I wonder if all the nations that use some form of single payer think it's horrible

(and what a worthless, horrible woman SHS is!)

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 05:09 PM

17. They don't have a single rational point

It's just the same old greedy republican screed. They are afraid to discuss and debate.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 06:31 PM

20. And there's the turd in this celebration's punchbowl...

Nothing happens with SP as long as Donnie is in the WH and his minions control congress and the USSC

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 09:20 PM

21. Shutting down Singe Payer, Trump, Koch's, Putin $ all on the same page.

This Right Wing Billionaires(eg.Koch,Mercer)/ Putin Propaganda Campaign will be flooded with even more of their taxfree & "Dark Money" hiding 501C3/4 sums than their previous, massive anti ACA or 2016 Political Campaign collusions.

Definitely constant monitoring of advertising, money conduits will be very,very telling of who's been working with the
anti democracy Repub Party, their Billionaire zealots AND Putin all along. I'd place the NRA on this Team too.

Reply to this post

Thu Sep 14, 2017, 01:20 AM

23. And Trump promised universal coverage ..

along with many other lies.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread