HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Manchin clarifies that he...

Tue Sep 12, 2017, 09:41 PM

Manchin clarifies that he is 'skeptical' of single-payer system

Source: The Hill

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) on Tuesday clarified that he is "skeptical" of a single-payer health-care system, saying that he simply supports digging into the complex details of the idea to see if it has potential.

"I am skeptical that single-payer is the right solution, but I believe that the Senate should carefully consider all of the options through regular order so that we can fully understand the impacts of these ideas on both our people and our economy," Manchin said in a statement Tuesday.

The conservative Democrat, up for reelection in 2018, said his priority is finding a system that best addresses health-care issues affecting West Virginia, a state that is reeling from the opioid epidemic.

"In the next several weeks, my focus will be passing bipartisan legislation that stabilizes the market, prevents rates from going up, and ensures access to health care for West Virginians. Once we address the short-term stability of the market, we should look at all ideas to fix the long-term problems facing our health care system," he continued.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/350313-manchin-clarifies-that-he-is-skeptical-of-single-payer-system

6 replies, 1847 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Manchin clarifies that he is 'skeptical' of single-payer system (Original post)
Pugster Sep 12 OP
msongs Sep 12 #1
The Wizard Sep 12 #2
Snotcicles Sep 13 #6
FairWinds Sep 13 #3
RestoreAmerica2020 Sep 13 #4
Magoo48 Sep 13 #5

Response to Pugster (Original post)

Tue Sep 12, 2017, 09:44 PM

1. maybe those trump voting coal miners could benefit from universal health care? nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Sep 12, 2017, 11:33 PM

2. It's paid for by

ending military waste. It's good for the economy because manufacturers can open plants here and not have to pay for employee health care. It will lower costs as there will be a bigger base. Just think, no more ten dollar aspirins on hospital bills. No more 25 dollar disposable paper sheets .

Reply to this post

Response to The Wizard (Reply #2)

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 10:25 AM

6. Auto and Home owner Insurance costs will go down because they will not have medical liability. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 12:24 AM

3. And I'm skeptical of Munchkin . .

He and his daughter should both hang their heads in shame !!

Seriously, if you work to profit from the suffering of others, you are the scum of the earth

From CNN -
"My daughter is my daughter with unconditional love, and she's the most amazing person that I know," he continued. "She's so compassionate and generous in how she's always lived her life."

Bresch became a target of derision over the summer after a nearly 500% increase in the cost of the lifesaving allergy drug EpiPen, which is one of the company's signature products. The drug, which cost around $100 in 2009, shot up to as much as $600."

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 12:38 AM

4. He's a republikkklan, right? If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck..it's a duck!

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 06:39 AM

5. Read: I must check with my corporate supporters.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread