HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » GOP lawmaker: I can't '10...

Sat Jul 15, 2017, 08:59 AM

GOP lawmaker: I can't '100 percent' say Trump campaign didn't collude with Russia

Source: The Hill

BY BRANDON CARTER - 07/15/17 08:23 AM EDT

A House Republican said on Friday he couldn’t “100 percent” rule out President Trump and his campaign colluding with Russia during the 2016 presidential election.

In an appearance on MSNBC’s “All In with Chris Hayes,” Rep. Leonard Lance (R-NJ) was asked by Hayes if he could “definitively say ‘I am 100 percent sure the President and his campaign did not engage in a criminal conspiracy with a foreign intelligence apparatus.’"

“No, I cannot,” Lance said, “and that’s why I want to get to the bottom of it.”

Lance was responding to the meeting between Trump’s son, Donald Trump Jr., and a Russian lawyer who promised him damaging information on Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential campaign.

Read more: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/342151-gop-lawmaker-i-cant-100-percent-say-trump-campaign-didnt-collude-with-russia

7 replies, 1641 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply GOP lawmaker: I can't '100 percent' say Trump campaign didn't collude with Russia (Original post)
DonViejo Saturday OP
Eyeball_Kid Saturday #1
cstanleytech Saturday #2
Tom Rinaldo Saturday #3
Nitram Saturday #6
pangaia Saturday #4
Nitram Saturday #5
forgotmylogin Saturday #7

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Sat Jul 15, 2017, 09:33 AM

1. What a coward.

The information that positively confirms collusion, and now full co-operation with Putin has been and still is accumulating. It's a solid case. And this GOP wimp is viewed as nearly heroic in massively understating the obvious.

The fact is that the entire GOP has gone to the "other side". They are complicit in this Russian Coup. That's what it is. And this coward can't spell out the truth of the matter.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Eyeball_Kid (Reply #1)

Sat Jul 15, 2017, 09:50 AM

2. Not exactly, it shows that Jr was but the question is did Donald himself know?

Do I think its likely he knew? Sure but thats due to his earlier comments about the Russians but its not evidence that he knew about this meeting.

Reply to this post

Response to Eyeball_Kid (Reply #1)

Sat Jul 15, 2017, 10:21 AM

3. He's not a hero, but he's not a coward either

Many good Democrats are holding back in public from stating that collusion is confirmed, including the likes of Peter Schiff etc.

I won't go out of my way to praise this Republican, but he at least is not engaging in full outright denial and obstruction.

Reply to this post

Response to Tom Rinaldo (Reply #3)

Sat Jul 15, 2017, 11:45 AM

6. He's only engaging in 99.999999% obstructionism instead of 100% obstructionism.

What a mensch!

Reply to this post

Sat Jul 15, 2017, 11:10 AM

4. I can not say 100% for sure that Leonard Lance has a brain.

..waiting to get to the bottom of it..

Reply to this post

Sat Jul 15, 2017, 11:44 AM

5. "...can't 100% say?" What a sorry excuse for having an open mind to the evidence.

So he's like 99.999999% sure that the Trump campaign did not collude with Russia? Give me a break.

Reply to this post

Sat Jul 15, 2017, 12:28 PM

7. Baby steps are steps.

Positive reinforcement is better than negative. It's better he consider the accumulation of evidence instead of preemptively slamming the door on it completely.

Remember, we are liberal, and we *appreciate* someone who at least is open to changing their mind.

Yes, it's frustrating, but painting people with the "they will never change" brush is their tactic.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread