HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » New analysis reaffirms li...

Fri Apr 21, 2017, 10:10 AM

New analysis reaffirms likely MH370 location

Source: CBS News

CANBERRA, Australia -- Analysis of a genuine Boeing 777 wing flap has reaffirmed experts’ opinion that a missing Malaysian airliner most likely crashed north of an abandoned search area in the Indian Ocean, officials said Friday.

<snip>

Australian government oceanographers had obtained a wing flap of the same model as the original and studied how that part drifted in the ocean, the Australian Transport safety Bureau said in a statement. Previous drift modeling used inexact replicas.

<snip>

The December findings were based in part on drift analysis of six replicas of a piece of Flight 370 known as a flaperon which was found on Reunion Island in the west Indian Ocean in July 2015.

It supported the December review’s findings by a team of international and Australian experts who re-examined all the data used to define the original search zone that the wreckage was most likely within a 9,700-square mile area on the northern boundary of the last search zone.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/malaysia-airlines-flight-370-likely-crash-location-reaffirmed-with-new-analysis/

3 replies, 5793 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply New analysis reaffirms likely MH370 location (Original post)
groundloop Apr 2017 OP
Blue_Tires Apr 2017 #1
Skittles Apr 2017 #2
treestar Apr 2017 #3

Response to groundloop (Original post)

Fri Apr 21, 2017, 10:25 AM

1. interesting....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Apr 21, 2017, 02:48 PM

2. I really, REALLY want them to find that plane

besides possibly finding any clues as to what happened, I know it would be of great emotional help to the victim's families

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 21, 2017, 02:50 PM

3. Such a mystery

I wonder if it will ever be solved

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread