HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Russia denies Reuters rep...

Thu Apr 20, 2017, 10:18 AM

Russia denies Reuters report think tank drew up plan to sway U.S. election

Source: Reuters

Thu Apr 20, 2017 | 10:11am EDT

Russia dismissed as false on Thursday a Reuters report that said a government think tank controlled by President Vladimir Putin had developed a plan to swing the 2016 U.S. presidential election in Donald Trump's favor.

Reuters reported on Wednesday that the Moscow-based Russian Institute for Strategic Studies (RISS) had provided the framework and rationale for what U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded was an intensive effort by Russia to interfere with the Nov. 8 election.

The Reuters report cited three current and four former U.S. officials who had acquired two documents prepared by the institute.

Russia has repeatedly denied interfering in the U.S. election. The Kremlin and RISS did not respond to requests for comment on the documents before Wednesday, but on Thursday the think tank issued a statement saying the report was false.

Read more: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-election-denial-idUSKBN17M191?il=0

2 replies, 5030 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Russia denies Reuters report think tank drew up plan to sway U.S. election (Original post)
DonViejo Apr 20 OP
rockfordfile Apr 20 #1
Blue_Roses Apr 20 #2

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Thu Apr 20, 2017, 10:24 AM

1. I'm sure they will. With Putin and Trump lying comes easy.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Thu Apr 20, 2017, 11:39 AM

2. Of course they are gonna deny it

I would be shocked if they didn't

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread