HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Disturbing video shows 10...

Thu Apr 20, 2017, 07:49 AM

Disturbing video shows 10-year-old with autism arrested at school

Source: CBS News

A video clip posted online by a Florida mother shows the moment her 10-year-old son with autism was handcuffed, placed into a police car and taken from school.

In the shaky cellphone footage obtained by CBS News, Luanne Haygood can be heard asking two school resource officers, “Does a child not have the same rights as an adult?”

Florida school accused of punishing special-needs students by putting them in box

“I was extremely angry,” Haygood told CBS Miami last week. “I felt like this was a power play. I felt like this was a this is what you get. You can’t do anything about it. We’re going to arrest your son if he can’t abide by the rules,” she said.

The sheriff’s office said John Benjamin Haygood was arrested April 12 for felony battery on a school board authority. He spent time in juvenile detention.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-benjamin-haygood-disturbing-video-shows-10-year-old-with-autism-arrested-at-school/

2 replies, 2265 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Disturbing video shows 10-year-old with autism arrested at school (Original post)
duncang Thursday OP
Crash2Parties Thursday #1
Rustyeye77 Thursday #2

Response to duncang (Original post)

Thu Apr 20, 2017, 10:12 AM

1. Sounds like the school was trying to forcibly make him non-autistic.

"I told him you got to go back to school. He said, ‘I don’t want to go back to school. I don’t like him. I don’t like him. He hurts me,’” she said. "

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to duncang (Original post)

Thu Apr 20, 2017, 07:04 PM

2. Yeah... those 10 year old autistic kids needs handcuffs.

I hope those police are proud of themselves.

I hope she sues and wins.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread