Federal prosecutors are probing sexual harassment settlements paid out by Fox News
This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by DonViejo (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).
Source: Los Angeles Times
The U.S. attorney’s office is exploring whether Fox News settlement payments for sexual harassment claims should have been reported to the shareholders of parent company 21st Century Fox.
Fox News said in a statement issued Wednesday that it has been in discussions with the office “for months” regarding the matter, adding that no one in the company has been subpoenaed by federal prosecutors.
The information first surfaced during a court hearing in which Judd Burstein, the attorney for Fox News personality Andrea Tantaros, said another one of his clients had recently been subpoenaed to discuss the matter. He did not reveal which client.
Tantaros, who until last April had been a co-host on the Fox News daytime show “Outnumbered,” is suing her employer, claiming she was removed from her on-air role in retaliation for making a sexual harassment complaint against her former boss, Roger Ailes.