HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Gov. Pat McCrory calls fo...

Mon Dec 19, 2016, 12:54 PM

Gov. Pat McCrory calls for special legislative session to repeal HB2

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by DonViejo (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Charlotte Observer

Following a surprise move by the Charlotte City Council, Gov. Pat McCrory said Monday he would call a special session to consider repeal of House Bill 2.

The governor’s statement came in a rapidly unfolding series of events that could signal the end of a nine-month drama that catapulted North Carolina into national headlines. HB2, seen by critics as an anti-LGBT measure, prompted boycotts and cost the state millions in lost jobs.

Earlier, Gov.-elect Roy Cooper said legislative leaders have promised to call a special session Tuesday.

“Senate Leader Phil Berger and House Speaker Tim Moore assured me that as a result of Charlotte’s vote, a special session will be called for Tuesday to repeal HB 2 in full,” Cooper said in a statement. “I hope they will keep their word to me and with the help of Democrats in the legislature, HB2 will be repealed in full.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article121729973.html

3 replies, 2206 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Gov. Pat McCrory calls for special legislative session to repeal HB2 (Original post)
Jose Garcia Dec 2016 OP
turbinetree Dec 2016 #1
madaboutharry Dec 2016 #2
DonViejo Dec 2016 #3

Response to Jose Garcia (Original post)

Mon Dec 19, 2016, 01:02 PM

1. Your about 9+ let me say it again 9+ months to late

you self serving right wing fascist.
It was fine a dandy when you had power and now you see some f***ing lite. The only serf serving reason you are doing this fascist McCory "republican" is to say that you did it and not a democrat-------------FU and the horse you road in on

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Dec 19, 2016, 01:11 PM

2. He is a horrible man.

He must overflow with anger and hate.

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Dec 19, 2016, 01:55 PM

3. Locking...