HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Actress Shailene Woodley ...

Mon Oct 10, 2016, 10:14 PM

Actress Shailene Woodley arrested during pipeline protest

Source: BBC

US actress Shailene Woodley has been arrested during a protest in North Dakota against a huge oil pipeline project that will cross four states.

Her arrest at a construction site happened as she was broadcasting the protest, which involved more than 200 people, on Facebook Live.

Police say she was one of 27 people arrested on charges of criminal trespass and engaging in a riot.

In the Facebook Live footage, Ms Woodley, 24, said she had been walking peacefully back to her vehicle when "they grabbed me by my jacket and said that I wasn't allowed to continue... and they have giant guns and batons and zip ties and they are not letting me go".

Read more: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37614797

2 replies, 1304 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Actress Shailene Woodley arrested during pipeline protest (Original post)
elmac Oct 2016 OP
forest444 Oct 2016 #1
turbinetree Oct 2016 #2

Response to elmac (Original post)

Mon Oct 10, 2016, 10:19 PM

1. Fatty Dalrymple's North Dakota.

A Banana Republic, without the nice weather.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to elmac (Original post)

Mon Oct 10, 2016, 11:16 PM

2. Amazing that on a day that is celebrated for the start of the genocide, and the lies

Last edited Mon Oct 10, 2016, 11:52 PM - Edit history (1)

and the breaking of treaties, and ACTS, by the white European culture , of my ancestral sacred land and Indigenous People of my heritage, she and others are being charged with "trespassing", we got small pox, chicken pox, cow pox
, it has been about the Manifest Destinty and the Doctrine of Discovery, so tell it wasn't so

This country has no shame--------------none, they don't honor any of the treaties or the ACTS

Except one man in the MSM had something to say about this tonight on his show

https://twitter.com/lawrence?lang=en

Please donate, clothing, food, tents, water...................... WADO Brother Lawrence O'Donnell and sister Shailene Woodley

earthjustice.org

standingrock.org

?list=RD3a5qbIESMZE

?list=RD3a5qbIESMZE

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread