HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Koch Brothers Will Not De...

Wed Mar 2, 2016, 07:55 PM

Koch Brothers Will Not Deploy Funds Against Trump During Primaries

Source: MSN News 52 minutes ago

NEW YORK, March 2 (Reuters) - The billionaire industrialist Koch brothers, the most powerful conservative mega donors in the United States, will not deploy their $400 million political arsenal to attack Republican front-runner Donald Trump in the U.S. presidential primary election, according to an official from the brother's political umbrella group.

"We have no plans to get involved in the primary," said James Davis, spokesman for Freedom Partners, the Koch brothers' political umbrella group.

Donors and media reports have speculated since a Koch summit in January that the brothers would launch a "Trump Intervention," a strategy that would involve deploying the Koch's vast political network to target the billionaire reality TV star in hopes of removing him from the race. (Editing by Richard Valdmanis; Editing by Chris Reese)

Read more: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/koch-brothers-will-not-deploy-funds-against-trump-during-primaries/ar-BBqggXi?li=BBnb7Kz

9 replies, 1312 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to big_dog (Original post)

Wed Mar 2, 2016, 07:59 PM

1. I suspect they have decided to use the money to keep the GOP in control of the Senate and House

after seeing how effectively the GOP has been to block Obama.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to cstanleytech (Reply #1)

Wed Mar 2, 2016, 08:03 PM

2. that and state houses and governorships

will also provide them cash to meddle in county supervisor races and city councils with some left over for school boards next year.

Reply to this post

Response to rurallib (Reply #2)

Wed Mar 2, 2016, 08:06 PM

4. Well ya, that goes without saying as thats part of it because the districts in alot of state are set

by the state government itself so of course they will be spending alot of money in such republican controlled states.

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 2, 2016, 08:13 PM

7. They had announced last year they would concentrate on local & state - prepping for 2020 census year

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 2, 2016, 08:46 PM

8. Hold the phone! You left out judicial elections!

The Texas Supreme Court is elected. I helped fight their biggest fundraiser, an insurance defense attorney, in a case where a major life insurer was refusing to pay on a life insurance policy for a totally BS excuse. They missed a deadline to contest by over two years as well. After 8 years we got a verdict of 1.2 million plus 9 years pre-judgment interest. At the mediation, typically scheduled to settle the appeal pending a ruling, their top offer was $15,000! I told my friend/co-counsel that the defense attorney knows what's going to happen in front of that court. The offer was a complete insult to our client. Sure enough, another year and a half later the Texas Supreme Court remanded the case for a new trial.

The Kochs can by judicial elections all day long, though they have to compete with the U. S. Chamber of Commerce. Our state S/Ct rules in favor of corporations over individuals over 90% of the time! People need to pay attention to judicial races! Not enough do.

(To Rurallib, I know you didn't intend this to be a complete list of types of races they will buy, I just had to throw this in).

Reply to this post

Response to Dustlawyer (Reply #8)

Wed Mar 2, 2016, 10:25 PM

9. right you are

we don't elect judges up our way, but I know lots do.
We do remove them through elections, though.

Reply to this post

Response to cstanleytech (Reply #1)

Wed Mar 2, 2016, 08:09 PM

6. agreed, the Kochs will try and minimize the dowballot damage

and to try and keep Trump from becoming another Goldwater

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 2, 2016, 08:04 PM

3. They don't have to

Faux News will do it for them

How pathetic to see Murdoch running the political business

ending Rubio's presence on the network, now bulking up others

all this in broad daylight of an FCC licensed network which were supposed
to be part of the public domain

pathetic

Reply to this post

Wed Mar 2, 2016, 08:07 PM

5. Actually the Kochs would be more likely to use their blood money...

...to block the nomination of Ted Cruz, whom they loathe. Trump is a kindred spirit at heart - a true blue 1%er like them.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread