HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Emotional plea brings dow...

Thu Jul 9, 2015, 08:56 AM

Emotional plea brings down Rebel flag in SC

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by cwydro (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: wistv.com

http://www.wistv.com/story/29506091/rep-jenny-hornes-emotional-plea-on-confederate-flag-debate-the-world-is-watching

Charleston representative at about 1:00 am Thursday morning. The bill passed, and the flag will be down before the weekend.

Read more: http://www.wistv.com/story/29506091/rep-jenny-hornes-emotional-plea-on-confederate-flag-debate-the-world-is-watching

3 replies, 936 views

Cannot reply in locked threads

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Emotional plea brings down Rebel flag in SC (Original post)
SCantiGOP Jul 2015 OP
drm604 Jul 2015 #1
SCantiGOP Jul 2015 #2
cwydro Jul 2015 #3

Response to SCantiGOP (Original post)

Thu Jul 9, 2015, 09:05 AM

1. How could anyone not be moved by Jenny Horne's speech?

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to drm604 (Reply #1)

Thu Jul 9, 2015, 09:22 AM

2. There were 20 assholes

The final "real vote" was 92-20, but then the official final vote was over 100 for with about 20 abstaining.
I have written letters and talked to legislators over the years, marched with 50,000 other people in the big rally in 2000 when the NAACP boycott was instituted and had about given up on ever seeing this happen.
My office is across the street from the Statehouse. I am hearing that the Governor will sign it today, and they may take it down unannounced, maybe about 6 am tomorrow morning. I will walk over there tomorrow to verify that the Civil War is finally over.

Response to SCantiGOP (Original post)

Thu Jul 9, 2015, 09:36 AM

3. Locking as duplicate.