HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » question couldn't the sen...

Mon Dec 18, 2017, 04:00 PM

question couldn't the senate Democrats use some of the rules to slow down passage of tax bill?

one would be to read the whole bill in the senate? and other ways to slow this shit down? Seems like a great time to do it if we could, even though we're in minority. i'd like to see this kind of thing happen just to get under there skin!!!!

4 replies, 608 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply question couldn't the senate Democrats use some of the rules to slow down passage of tax bill? (Original post)
bluestarone Dec 2017 OP
Wellstone ruled Dec 2017 #1
bluestarone Dec 2017 #2
Wellstone ruled Dec 2017 #4
trof Dec 2017 #3

Response to bluestarone (Original post)

Mon Dec 18, 2017, 04:28 PM

1. There might be some type

of procedural rules,but in the end,McConnell and Ryan have crafted Rules of Passage and they were designed in a fashion to lock out any input by the Democrats. Harry Reid Crafted a similiar Rule for final passage of the ACA because of McConnell back stabbing on some other Legislation before the Senate. This was all baked into the cake back in July of 2016.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Wellstone ruled (Reply #1)

Mon Dec 18, 2017, 05:11 PM

2. understood but

do you think the Democrats could demand the tax bill be read out loud on the floor? The repubs are puished for time here. I WOULD LOVE IT if this happened

Reply to this post

Response to bluestarone (Reply #2)

Mon Dec 18, 2017, 06:38 PM

4. Understand there is a rule,

but,most likely,McConnell may have inserted Language to either limit time or no open debate.

Reply to this post

Response to bluestarone (Original post)

Mon Dec 18, 2017, 05:17 PM

3. Apparently only the repugs know how to do this.

We seem to be clueless.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread