HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "I think it gave some peo...

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 12:33 PM

"I think it gave some people the false impression that I was admitting to doing things that..."

"...in fact, I havenít done."

It's a little late for this realization, Al. Some of us were shouting this at you weeks ago. You've done literally everything wrong.

Rule #1: Don't apologize for something that you haven't done.

Rule #2: If you do apologize, say exactly what you are apologizing for, and make crystal clear what you ARE NOT apologizing for.

Rule #3: ALWAYS push back, or else start packing your bags.

If there is any silver lining here, maybe other Democratic pols will learn how not to deal with these kinds of allegations.

1 replies, 573 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply "I think it gave some people the false impression that I was admitting to doing things that..." (Original post)
Azathoth Dec 7 OP
brush Dec 7 #1

Response to Azathoth (Original post)

Thu Dec 7, 2017, 12:51 PM

1. I disagree. Most posters here thought he handled the crisis well, especially asking for an...

investigation.

He handled it better than that bunch of so-called Democrats yesterday who railroaded him out because one more anonymous woman accuser said Senator Franken tried to kiss her saying: "It's my right as an entertainer" (can anymore actually beieve that bulshit?), and the second accuser yesterday said he "groped" her waist. HER WAIST.

Apparently those two preposterous allegations were just too, too much for Gillibrand so she lead the charge to demand Al Franken resign. She'd better stay ready for more charges as the repugs know now just how to get rid of their Dem adversaries ó just make enough anonymous accusations and the Dems will ditch their own, no investigation necessary.

The senator was not well served by his own party.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread