HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Republicans Want To Lower...

Mon Dec 4, 2017, 02:45 PM

Republicans Want To Lower The Corporate Tax Rate To 3.8%

The top tax rate it currently 35%. Very few pay this. After deductions and loopholes the average corporate effective rate is 18.8%.

If Republicans drop the top rate to 20% the average effective rate will be 3.8%

Maybe someone besides me should point this out.

Remember lots of corporations already pay ZERO INCOME TAX.

https://www.seattletimes.com/news/boeing-pays-581m-in-federal-income-tax-unlike-last-year/

Boeing pays corporate taxes "sometimes".

Others the same.

These 26 Companies Pay No Federal Income Tax

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/25/corporation-tax-rate_n_4855763.html

3 replies, 758 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Republicans Want To Lower The Corporate Tax Rate To 3.8% (Original post)
SeaDoo77 Dec 2017 OP
Wellstone ruled Dec 2017 #1
chowder66 Dec 2017 #2
Wellstone ruled Dec 2017 #3

Response to SeaDoo77 (Original post)

Mon Dec 4, 2017, 02:55 PM

1. If everone gets a chance.

Watch the Bloomberg Interview with Larry Summers. Scary, he and a friend ran the numbers used in this Tax Bill over the Weekend. And he used the Chicago School of Business as their Baseline,and we know this School is about as Conservative as they get,known for the creation of Supply Side Economics,and the Summers Growth projection comes out to be a fraction of or maybe a single percentage point addition to our National Growth.

Here is another harsh reality,the damage done to the ACA is non reversible when this bill is signed as written. Thousands will die because of lack of Medical Care. Missed his hard numbers,sounded like Thousands per year.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Wellstone ruled (Reply #1)

Mon Dec 4, 2017, 03:28 PM

2. I can't see why there shouldn't be a tax revolt then.

They are stealing our money to give to the rich, we should all stop paying taxes and strike.

I know it's probably a dream but damn it, we have the real numbers and we should use that to our advantage.

Reply to this post

Response to chowder66 (Reply #2)

Mon Dec 4, 2017, 04:20 PM

3. My take is this,

somehow or someway,there needs to be a well funded Media Campaign to really make this happen. We now know,that one Large Cable Media Company will not allow that to happen. And with the Sinclair Media being what it is,that will be one heck of a challenge.

By April we should know the National Tempature on this issue. The Writers of this POS are on every Radio and TV station bragging how they changed the Tax Narrative to Supply Side Economics.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread