HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » So what will we do in CA ...

Sat Dec 2, 2017, 09:10 AM

So what will we do in CA to deal with the results of the tax bill?

We will continue to elect Dems to power positions and use our state and local governments to midigate the damage.

We will raise taxes like the new gas tax to fix our roads and create new construction jobs.

We will replace lost federal programs with our own programs. Like Jerry Brown said "if they stop putting up satilites we will put up our own satilites.

We will continue to celebrate diversity and remain a sanctuary state.

Fuck the repukes in DC

Folks elect all the local Dems you can and run for office.

1 replies, 1041 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply So what will we do in CA to deal with the results of the tax bill? (Original post)
wasupaloopa Dec 2017 OP
lapfog_1 Dec 2017 #1

Response to wasupaloopa (Original post)

Sat Dec 2, 2017, 09:38 AM

1. I would start with this

stop payments to the IRS of federal taxes withheld from state government workers (and contractors)... and direct those funds into an account to pay for the shortages in Medicare and Medicaid caused by the new federal tax legislation. In addition, I would impose additional taxes on hotel and tourist venues for out of state visitors (if I could, I would word this so it only hits visitors from Red States) and use that money to reduce state and local taxes by at least as much as the lost federal deductions from our own wage earners.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread