HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Nazis, Neo-Confederates a...

Thu Nov 30, 2017, 03:44 PM

Nazis, Neo-Confederates and Roy Moore......oh my!!!!!

Roy Moore’s Foundation Cashed At Least One Check From Actual Nazis.

A Huffington Post review of tax documents has found that the Foundation to Defend the First Amendment, a fascist organization formed by infamous Holocaust-denier Willis Carto, donated $1000 to the Foundation for Moral Law in 2005.

The Foundation for Moral Law is the successor to a defense fund set up for former Alabama chief justice Roy Moore. Ostensibly created to pursue a culture war agenda through the courts, IRS records show that the “charity” employs Moore’s entire family and has provided him with more than $1 million in personal income.

............//snip

Pat Shannan, an anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist who served on the board of FDFA in 2005, recently endorsed Moore in a fawning blog post that described him as “our ideal Alt-South candidate.”

............//snip

Of course, Moore received a six-figure income from his foundation over six years while repeatedly claiming that he did not get a “regular salary,” so it would be more accurate to call him ‘an Alabama con artist’ and a ‘slimy, calculating, self-interested, insincere American.’

Carto’s organization is hardly the only example of racists and hate groups donating to Moore’s foundation. Their single largest donor is neoconfederate Michael Peroutka, a former board member of the League of the South. Moore’s foundation has hosted the group’s Secession Day events before.

Why, oh why isn't the media screaming about this?!?!?

2 replies, 896 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Nazis, Neo-Confederates and Roy Moore......oh my!!!!! (Original post)
LongTomH Nov 2017 OP
guillaumeb Nov 2017 #1
LongTomH Nov 2017 #2

Response to LongTomH (Original post)

Thu Nov 30, 2017, 03:48 PM

1. There were no allegations of sex to interest the corporate media.

And nothing about emails or Benghazi.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to LongTomH (Original post)

Thu Nov 30, 2017, 05:10 PM

2. I'm amazed at how fast this has sunk.

Even DU doesn't seem to be paying attention to the worst things about Moore.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread