HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Nigel Dodds: God helped t...

Sun Nov 26, 2017, 07:19 AM

Nigel Dodds: God helped the DUP become kingmakers at Westminster

Addressing the annual DUP conference near Belfast today, Mr Dodds said the party had “never had more influence” in Westminster.

He said: “If I’m honest I did not believe that in 2017 we were heading for a hung parliament where the DUP would hold the balance of power.

“But looking back I don’t think it was an accident how things turned out.

“On reflection it’s hard to imagine how the results could have done more to maximise our influence.

“A few more seats for the Conservatives and they could have ploughed on alone. Had they won a fewer number of seats, even with our help they could not have secured a majority.”

And he said: “We entered the negotiations with the guiding star of doing what was right not for the DUP, but for Northern Ireland in particular and the United Kingdom as a whole.”

A DUP source told PoliticsHome the reference to it being no “accident” was an “allusion to guidance from a higher power so to speak”.

[link:https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/constitution/northern-ireland-assembly/news/90948/nigel-dodds-god-helped-dup-become|

NI - the bible belt of the UK......deciding the future of Brexit etc et al. Frigging terrifying....

1 replies, 806 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Nigel Dodds: God helped the DUP become kingmakers at Westminster (Original post)
Soph0571 Nov 2017 OP
OnDoutside Nov 2017 #1

Response to Soph0571 (Original post)

Sun Nov 26, 2017, 07:55 AM

1. Yes, these nutjobs are closely aligned with the nutjobs in the US Bible belt.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread