HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Moderate Charlie Crist sh...

Tue Nov 14, 2017, 07:03 AM

Moderate Charlie Crist shows Democrats the way.

As one of the only Democrats to flip a hose seat in 2016 we must analyze his campaign and use it as a national platform.

Why not? If we’re going to straw man our way through this let’s at least have a little fun with it.

13 replies, 797 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to NCTraveler (Original post)

Tue Nov 14, 2017, 07:10 AM

1. Charlie Crist has a tan other humans can only dream about! nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ExciteBike66 (Reply #1)

Tue Nov 14, 2017, 07:16 AM

2. #floridacampaignlife Nt

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 14, 2017, 07:19 AM

3. Yea, right! I'll buy that for a dollar

Some tool R got tossed and then decided to run as D and still can't get support.
Here's an idea, forget the party and work for the people, you might just win if you can deliver on your promises.

Reply to this post

Response to tech3149 (Reply #3)

Tue Nov 14, 2017, 07:24 AM

4. But... But... But....

“ you might just win ”

He did win!!!!

Reply to this post

Response to tech3149 (Reply #3)

Tue Nov 14, 2017, 07:34 AM

5. Do you live in Florida?

He served one term as a governor after Jeb Bush. He was known as Chain-gang Charlie because of his tough stance on crime.

I did not vote for him. However, I was pleasantly surprised. He governed as a moderate. He streamlined the process for ex-felons to have their civil rights restored (immediately reversed by Rick Scot).

He became a Democrat because the R's got too radical for him. Is he forever tainted because of his past as a Republican? Or can we accept people who decide to do the right thing and leave that party?

He was considered as a potential VP for McCain. I don't see him as President but who knows. I think he is decent enough to want to do the right things for people.

Reply to this post

Response to scarletlib (Reply #5)

Tue Nov 14, 2017, 07:42 AM

6. Few here have been as critical of Crist as I have been.

I was none too happy when DU allowed support for Crist over Meeks.

That said, voting Crist over Jolly, which I had the opportunity to do, was a no-brainer. Worlds better.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 14, 2017, 07:49 AM

7. I don't live in Florida but I do have my connections there

I won't argue that he had been a fairly rational moderate after his transition. But I always have to question the motive when someone makes that sort of change. His "moderate" position is fine if you can live with the status quo, but we're in a situation that we need radical change. If the best you can do is status quo you're missing the point.
Most of us out here in wage slave America aren't willing to accept half measures.

Reply to this post

Response to tech3149 (Reply #7)

Tue Nov 14, 2017, 08:48 AM

10. Going from Jolly to Crist meets the definition of radical change.

In anybody's book.

"If the best you can do is status quo"

Going from Jolly to Crist cannot be honestly describes as keeping the "status quo". One of the most bastardized terms in politics today.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 14, 2017, 08:51 AM

11. This Florida Dem agrees with you

He vetoed a bill by his own party that would have decimated public education. Unfortunately, Gov Voldemort came along and took care of it.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 14, 2017, 07:50 AM

8. NO! He was NOT the only flip in FL 2016! Stephanie Murphy my district fliped!

We got rid of mica! It's also how I met Nancy Pelosi. There was a party for Murphy for the flip. Nancy showed up in Winter Park Fl.

Reply to this post

Response to kydo (Reply #8)

Tue Nov 14, 2017, 08:46 AM

9. I didn't say he was the only flip.

Reply to this post

Response to NCTraveler (Reply #9)

Tue Nov 14, 2017, 10:02 AM

12. Not to argue, but I think you might have. But then maybe I miss-read.

I do miss-read at times. But this is what you wrote.
As one of the only Democrats to flip a hose seat in 2016 we must analyze his campaign and use it as a national platform.

For the record, I make errors in typing probably ever time I post and end up making edits often.

However to probably the real point of your post and why I posted in the first place is, Crist. Sigh. I like him. But we did have other flips in 2016 and a lot more not in FL in 2017.

Murphy is a young Vietnamese-American woman and she beat a long time incumbent old small bald (wears a rug*), short (wears platform shoes*), white guy. Maybe we should try her model and that from the tuesday bloodbath of nov 2017. Not Crist's. He did lose the Senate to rubio.

PS- NCTraveler, I am not no grammar nazi! I don't want a fight, I luv ya, I love reading your posts and I hope you don't hate me.

* - I have seen it in person with my own eyes. The rug was very fake worse then orange mans and the shoes, well... I am 5'2 and I was standing next to him and we was eye level. I looked down at his shoes and it took all the effort I could muster to not LOL. I faked a coughing attack and quickly excused myself with a lame story about checking on the Priests. I was serving at a funeral and he showed up. I LOL so hard as soon as I got into the Priest's vestry. They weren't there, which I knew they wouldn't be yet. After LOL four other people came in and did the same thing. Did you see his shoes? LOL LOL The hair LOL LOL.

Reply to this post

Response to kydo (Reply #12)

Tue Nov 14, 2017, 10:36 AM

13. I don't see how it can be read the way you are.

"As one of the only Democrats to flip a hose seat in 2016"

"one of the only" clearly implies there were others. "The only" would imply there were no others.

No hate at all!!!!!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread