HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 2020 US Senate Election-I...

Sat Sep 30, 2017, 05:50 PM

2020 US Senate Election-If Doug Jones-AL gets elected to the US Senate on December 12, 2017,

He will be the most and only vulnerable Democratic incumbent US Senator up for re-election in 2020.
Jones-AL will be the only red state Democratic US Senator up for re-election in 2020.
Red State Democratic US Senators up for re-election in 2018 are
1)Donnelly-IN
2)McCaskill-MO
3)Tester-MT
4)Heitkamp-ND
5)Brown-OH
6)Manchin-WV
Donnelly-IN and McCaskill-MO are the most vulnerable Democratic incumbent US Senators up for re-election in 2018.
2020 will be the year Democrats regain control of the US Senate.
Democrats win AL in December 12, 2017- 49D 51R
In 2018-Democrats pick up AZ-Sinema and NV-Rosen but lose IN and/or MO. 49D 51R
In 2020-Democrats pick up AZ-Stanton, CO-Perlmutter, and NC-Stein but lose AL 51D 49R

3 replies, 1662 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply 2020 US Senate Election-If Doug Jones-AL gets elected to the US Senate on December 12, 2017, (Original post)
nkpolitics1212 Sep 2017 OP
yallerdawg Sep 2017 #1
nkpolitics1212 Sep 2017 #2
Bradshaw3 Sep 2017 #3

Response to nkpolitics1212 (Original post)

Sat Sep 30, 2017, 06:09 PM

1. Speaking of Alabama...

I remember years ago when Democratic Senator Richard Shelby switched parties after a Republican-wave election during early Clinton years (opposition party waves are very consistent after a presidential election).

Now, there's a wild-card or two -- or more?

How long are Lisa Murkowski and Susan Collins going to stay with a Republican Party that doesn't share their values and is headed up by a racist, misogynistic, self-serving pig?

A couple party-switchers -- and it's a whole new ballgame!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to yallerdawg (Reply #1)

Sat Sep 30, 2017, 07:22 PM

2. I could see Murkowski and Collins becoming Independents caucusing with Democrats than joining

the Democratic Party. Unlike Shelby who is conservative Republican, Murkowski and Collins will be more conservative than Manchin,

Reply to this post

Response to nkpolitics1212 (Reply #2)

Sat Sep 30, 2017, 08:26 PM

3. I don't think Murkowski would but

Collins seems like she might. I wonder what any Maine DUers think of that possibility?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread