HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Margaret and Helen: You k...

Mon Sep 25, 2017, 02:47 PM

Margaret and Helen: You know whats really dispectful to the American flag? A Confederate flag.#Ta

You know whatís really dispectful to the American flag? †A Confederate flag.†#TakeAKnee

Margaret, last week six football players knelt during the national anthem. †This week it was 200. †And just like Colin Kaepernick, they werenít making a statement about the flag. †I swear this president is so stupid, he couldnít find his ass if both hands were in his back pockets.†

Lord help me, but Iíve taken a knee and I donít want to get up. †Maybe I canít get up. †Iím not sure which. †Three and a half million American citizens are in crisis in Puerto Rico, North Korea is threatening Armageddon, Russia used Facebook to influence our elections, Nazis are running over young women, Congress wants to take healthcare away from poor peopleÖ and our president has nothing better to do except name calling to get a cheer at his Klan rally.

As the widow of a veteran, I have no issue with any player taking a knee to protest during the national anthem. He has every bit as much right to do that as Donald Trump had to say that McCain wasnít a war hero because he had been captured. Protecting that right is what my husband and McCain fought for. And all those Trump supporters calling for a football boycott lost their moral high ground when they put that man in the Oval Office.

A black football player peacefully protests well-documented inequalities that exist within out legal system and a bunch of crackers in Alabama cheer when the President calls him a son-of a-bitch. Are we really surprised? After all, those same hillbillies had no problem when the President called a bunch of protesting Nazis fine people. If we should be outraged about anything, itís that we have a President who seems to be more comfortable in a white hood than the White House.

Read More:https://margaretandhelen.com/2017/09/25/you-know-whats-really-dispectful-to-the-american-flag-a-confederate-flag-takeaknee/

7 replies, 1393 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Margaret and Helen: You know whats really dispectful to the American flag? A Confederate flag.#Ta (Original post)
sheshe2 Sep 25 OP
Rollo Sep 25 #1
smirkymonkey Sep 25 #2
brer cat Sep 25 #3
sheshe2 Sep 25 #5
Warren DeMontague Sep 25 #4
mcar Sep 25 #6
billh58 Sep 25 #7

Response to sheshe2 (Original post)

Mon Sep 25, 2017, 03:17 PM

1. PRESACTLY!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Sep 25, 2017, 03:19 PM

2. Bravo!

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 25, 2017, 04:47 PM

3. Truth dresed up with humor.

Margaret and Helen are jewels!

Reply to this post

Response to brer cat (Reply #3)

Mon Sep 25, 2017, 05:17 PM

5. They are jewels, brer.

I loved this at a time we need to have a short lived laugh for the crisis's we are going to be facing this week.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 25, 2017, 04:49 PM

4. Yeah, thats a pretty good point

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 25, 2017, 05:23 PM

6. Margaret and Helen are the best!

Reply to this post