HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Pew: Public Believes Tax ...

Mon Jul 16, 2012, 06:34 PM

Pew: Public Believes Tax Increase On High Earners Would Help The Economy, Improve Fairness

Pew: Public Believes Tax Increase On High Earners Would Help The Economy, Improve Fairness

By a two-to-one margin, the public views President Barack Obama’s call to raise taxes on high-income earners as good for the economy, a new poll released Monday shows.

According to the latest survey from Pew Research Center, 44 percent believe that raising taxes on income above $250,000 would help the economy, while 22 percent say it would hurt the economy. The same percentage — 44 — says such an increase would make the current tax system more fair.

- more -

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entries/pew-public-believes-obamas-tax-increase-on-high

http://www.people-press.org/2012/07/16/raising-taxes-on-rich-seen-as-good-for-economy-fairness/

2 replies, 916 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pew: Public Believes Tax Increase On High Earners Would Help The Economy, Improve Fairness (Original post)
ProSense Jul 2012 OP
BeyondGeography Jul 2012 #1
1StrongBlackMan Jul 2012 #2

Response to ProSense (Original post)

Mon Jul 16, 2012, 06:36 PM

1. Well then, vote for Obama, people

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ProSense (Original post)

Mon Jul 16, 2012, 07:36 PM

2. Reading Polling results like this ...

I get a distinct "ObamaCarey" feeling.

The majority correctly identify the issues and support the underlying policy points, at an increasing rate; yet, the "election is still tightening, at an increasing rate."

I took Masters-level stats, a couple research methods classes, and a class on polling ... I can only come to one conclusion ... False reporting.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread