HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ms. Texas's Hate Filled F...

Tue Sep 12, 2017, 02:51 PM

Ms. Texas's Hate Filled Facebook Comments

So I checked Ms. Texas's Facebook page to check the comments since I anticipated some push back from Trump voters.

Unfortunately, I was not disappointed. In fact, despite what I thought might be facts that would deter outright hate - she's Texan, white, young, and her statement was relatively harmless in my mind, many of the comments from Trump voters were just plain vicious.

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if some were alt right trolls, and there were also numerous positive comments, But the intolerance of a differing opinion and accompanying heat was off the charts in my mind.

I put together a little meme with examples

[link:https://instagram.com/p/BY86RnuBYV5/|

Unfortunately, I think Trump voters' intolerance and racism is getting out of control. That's not just based on this Facebook page, but increased racism in my immediate blue state area that neved existed in my 40 years on this earth.

If Trump's presidency is seriously jeopardized, IMHO Trump voters will lose it and I expect a violent reaction, and a healthy counter-reaction - because there's plenty of pent up hostility on the left (the rational reaction to a President and his voters bashing you daily for your beliefs, existence, and for asserting facts).

2 replies, 1522 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ms. Texas's Hate Filled Facebook Comments (Original post)
Juliusseizure Sep 2017 OP
gollygee Sep 2017 #1
Initech Sep 2017 #2

Response to Juliusseizure (Original post)

Tue Sep 12, 2017, 03:02 PM

1. I am not surprised at all

I assumed she'd have a reaction like that.

I hope she knows that it was worth it. The kind of thing she did has a real impact IMO.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Juliusseizure (Original post)

Tue Sep 12, 2017, 03:15 PM

2. I'd call these hatemongers animals, but that's an offense to animals.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread