HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Sen. Kamala Harris plans ...

Thu Aug 31, 2017, 06:27 AM

Sen. Kamala Harris plans to back Medicare-for-all legislation

Sen. Kamala Harris will co-sponsor a Medicare-for-all plan proposed by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), she told Californians at a town hall in Oakland on Wednesday.

The freshman Democratic senator from California has previously said she supports the concept of universal healthcare, but this is the first time she has explicitly said she would join Sanders when he files the bill. The House version of the measure, sponsored by Rep. John Conyers Jr. (D-Mich.), has 117 sponsors, including 27 California Democratic House members.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-sen-kamala-harris-plans-to-back-1504138317-htmlstory.html

1 replies, 1197 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sen. Kamala Harris plans to back Medicare-for-all legislation (Original post)
wasupaloopa Aug 2017 OP
Demsrule86 Aug 2017 #1

Response to wasupaloopa (Original post)

Thu Aug 31, 2017, 06:39 AM

1. A big waste of time...for God sakes...the ACA needs help or we will have no insurance of any sort.

I prefer a dose of reality now and again. This thing has no chance of passing GOP controlled congress with Trump in office.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread