HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Bet this guy's smirking t...

Sat Aug 12, 2017, 10:38 PM

Bet this guy's smirking tonight...Russian rat-fucker supreme, Vladislav Surkhov:

Surkov is a unique character in Putin’s Kremlin. Unlike many of the yes men and former security officials who surround the Russian president, he first came to prominence as a marketing man for Mikhail Khodorkovsky, the oligarch who would later be jailed for a decade. In 1999, he moved to the Kremlin. He almost never gives interviews, and has been shrouded in mystery over the years.

During Putin’s first decade, Surkov was known for coordinating the “matrix” of Russian politics, cultivating fake opposition parties and funding pro-Kremlin youth groups. He personally curated what was allowed on to Russia’s television screens, and was seen as the architect of “post-truth politics” where facts are relative, a version of which some have suggested has now taken hold in the west.

(my emphasis)

much more (article is from oct. '16):

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/Oct/26/kremlin-puppet-masters-leaked-emails-vladislav-surkov-east-ukraine

Thanks to DUer AlexSF for teaching us about Surkov

2 replies, 2020 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bet this guy's smirking tonight...Russian rat-fucker supreme, Vladislav Surkhov: (Original post)
Leghorn21 Aug 2017 OP
sinkingfeeling Aug 2017 #1
monmouth4 Aug 2017 #2

Response to Leghorn21 (Original post)

Sat Aug 12, 2017, 10:47 PM

1. He looks like Rowan Atkinson, who played the Black Adder.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Leghorn21 (Original post)

Sat Aug 12, 2017, 11:15 PM

2. He reminds me of Manafort.n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread