HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » An Influential Vet Just P...

Sat Aug 12, 2017, 09:14 PM

An Influential Vet Just Put The Blame For Todays Violence Right Where It Belongs In Epic Rant

His powerful and harsh words should be read by every American and can be found below in their entirety:

I keep trying to get to a point in this insanity where I can write a piece, but itís all going sideways

Snip......................
Ė Fuck Trump. Trump owns this. Republicans own this. This isnít the Alt-Right, this IS the right. These sons of bitches are literally shouting ďSieg TrumpĒ in the streets of Charlottesville right now. Fuck Trump.

These people are the vile residue, the foul distillation, of every failed hateful rotten-tooth inbred ideology in history. Donít let them hide. Donít make excuses for them. Get them out in the open. Make them own it. They have jobs ó some of them. They have parents and kids and neighbors. They have churches. The Constitution gives them a right to their hate, but not a right to be free of the consequences. Publish their pictures. Publish their license plates. Get them out in the open. Pull their hoods off. Theyíre standing out there shouting hate, flying the flag of treason, their arms upraised in the Hitler salute. Make them own it. Make them infamous. Donít let them hide.

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/08/12/influential-vet-just-put-blame-todays-violence-right-belongs-epic-rant/

13 replies, 6381 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
Reply An Influential Vet Just Put The Blame For Todays Violence Right Where It Belongs In Epic Rant (Original post)
dixiegrrrrl Aug 12 OP
Roland99 Aug 12 #1
Duppers Aug 12 #2
smirkymonkey Aug 12 #3
Doitnow Aug 12 #10
keithbvadu2 Aug 13 #13
MarvinGardens Aug 12 #4
ProudLib72 Aug 12 #5
infullview Aug 12 #6
Bernardo de La Paz Aug 12 #7
ProudLib72 Aug 13 #11
zentrum Aug 12 #9
Ilsa Aug 12 #8
usaf-vet Aug 13 #12

Response to dixiegrrrrl (Original post)

Sat Aug 12, 2017, 09:15 PM

1. Fyi... Vet is: Navy veteran Jim Wright

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Aug 12, 2017, 09:25 PM

2. Thanks. This was posted earlier. nt

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 12, 2017, 09:27 PM

3. This is Trump world.

These people would never have felt so emboldened without him.

Reply to this post

Response to smirkymonkey (Reply #3)

Sat Aug 12, 2017, 11:53 PM

10. Absolutely. Dump Incited Violence at rallies against anyone who opposed him or he thought they did

including the media---penned them in and directed negative attention towards them. Threatened them. A fish rots from the head.

Reply to this post

Response to Doitnow (Reply #10)

Sun Aug 13, 2017, 12:29 AM

13. Trump offered to pay the legal fees for his followers accused of violence.

During the campaign season, Trump offered to pay the legal fees for his followers accused of violence.

Of course it was just more of Trump's lies but it got out his message encouraging violence.

D'ya suppose he will offer to pay the driver's legal fees?

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=trump+offers+to+pay+legal+fees+for+violence+in+the+workplace&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 12, 2017, 09:29 PM

4. K & R

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 12, 2017, 09:37 PM

5. He is advocating for physical violence

If I did that, I would get banned from DU. Yet here it is published in Washington Journal and linked right here on DU. My point is that maybe we are too cautious here. Remember when Spencer got punched in the head...twice? There were DUers who said that it was bad. We shouldn't punch people. Well, if more of these assholes had been punched, then maybe a 32 year old woman would still be alive today.

Reply to this post

Response to ProudLib72 (Reply #5)

Sat Aug 12, 2017, 11:09 PM

6. not quite on point

I think he is advocating exposure, not violence. Make it clear who this group is, what they believe, and tie them squarely to the Republican party that empowered and sheltered them.

Welcome to the world of tRump.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 12, 2017, 11:26 PM

7. Not in the excerpt unless you mean "pull their hoods off". NO reference to punching. . . . nt

Reply to this post

Response to Bernardo de La Paz (Reply #7)

Sun Aug 13, 2017, 12:11 AM

11. Here

Fuck Nazis. I donít want to hear any social justice warrior bullshit about not confronting these racist shitbags with violence if necessary. They get punched in the head, they take a lead pipe over the skull, well it just plain sucks to be a Nazi. Iím not going to sugar coat that for you. Nazis are Nazis, they deserve nothing but a boot in their yellow teeth and punch in the throat. Theyíre getting off easy. Our grandfathers hunted Nazis down and EXTERMINATED them and itís to our everlasting shame that we let this cancer regrow in our midst. Fuck Nazis.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 12, 2017, 11:48 PM

9. Where is the

...physical violence? I'm not seeing it.

Reply to this post

Sat Aug 12, 2017, 11:32 PM

8. Movements for social justice are nearly wasted efforts if we let

the nazis and white supremacists continue their vile recruitment. What's the point of convicting one bad cop if these people recruut and flood police forces and government?

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 13, 2017, 12:18 AM

12. Why is this not domestic terrorism?

Veterans remember your oath. "Support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic".

The Republican party owns this for so, so many reason. For letting Trump spew hate speech. For letting Trump incite violence. For the travel ban citing potential terrorist from Muslim countries. For so many other blatant examples of hate centered in the Trump White House.

The evidence is clear the threats are coming from within our borders. And the president is the one with blood on his hands.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread