HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I just don't see how the ...

Wed Jul 12, 2017, 06:20 AM

I just don't see how the "Orphan adoption" cover story helps the Trumpsters in any way.

The adoption-orphan issue links directly to the sanctions on Russia. Sure, I bet they did talk about orphans and adoption...like we *the Russian) will lift the adoption ban if you lift the sanctions.

2 replies, 1521 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I just don't see how the "Orphan adoption" cover story helps the Trumpsters in any way. (Original post)
nikibatts Jul 2017 OP
muriel_volestrangler Jul 2017 #1
wishstar Jul 2017 #2

Response to nikibatts (Original post)

Wed Jul 12, 2017, 07:03 AM

1. That was the initial "they didn't offer us anything illegal" lie

Once it was known the meeting took place, Donny had to say something about why it did. He pretended that the only thing Russian lawyer was proposing was that Russia lift the ban on adoption in return for lifting sanctions - if Trump won. A campaign meeting a Russian, even one who officially represents their government, just to hear that would not be illegal (though Kushner should have listed the meeting orginally, which he hadn't). The illegal bit, which Donny didn't admit to at first, was that Russian government officials had dangled "dirt on Hillary" in front of him, he'd responded "oooh, gimme, gimme!", and that was soliciting illegal foreign interference in the election.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to nikibatts (Original post)

Wed Jul 12, 2017, 07:09 AM

2. They thought benign adoption story would give satisfactory cover to Trump supporters

because their brainwashed supporters go along with Trump's stated goal for better relations with Russia as being good for Americans and Russians.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread