HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » To all those saying natio...

Sat Jun 24, 2017, 02:42 PM

To all those saying national security decisions should not involve politics:

That may be true but there has not been a decision made in my lifetime (75) by those in power that did not involve politics first. Well, maybe JFK's decision to NOT start a war with the Kremlin over those Cuban missiles was not a political decision because the politics wanted to push him into war.

The war with Iraq had nothing to do with national security but a political decision to satisfy the Neocons and go after the oil. Our national security is deeply entwined into our politics because any national security action decided is based on how the politics is framed.

Obama knew exactly what he was doing and why concerning the Russian hacking. I do not believe he "chocked." I believe he weighed the outcomes and made a decision that he thought was best. And we really do not know nor do we have a way to be certain that it ws not the best decision...even if Hillary were elected.

1 replies, 1422 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply To all those saying national security decisions should not involve politics: (Original post)
nikibatts Jun 2017 OP
pandr32 Jun 2017 #1

Response to nikibatts (Original post)

Sat Jun 24, 2017, 02:51 PM

1. We do know that Pres. Obama listened to experts

One of the hallmarks of his presidency is that he carefully weighed the opinions and advice of experts and his administration carefully. He may have made a mistake, or perhaps he was right. We can only speculate and too many are speculating from angry hindsight.
We have to address all the problems going forward--one at a time. We will have to begin to hold those involved accountable--each and every one.
I wish there was a way to block Republicans from their agenda while investigations are being done. No judicial appointments either. Na-da.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread