HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » We should reach some kind...

Mon Jun 19, 2017, 05:52 PM

We should reach some kind of grand bargain with China re: North Korea.

I have some rough idea what the parameters look like. The problem is China doesn't want a hostile failed state as a neighbor.

P.S. When are the formatting functions going to be restored ? I wanted to italicize failed.

1 replies, 1515 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply We should reach some kind of grand bargain with China re: North Korea. (Original post)
DemocratSinceBirth Jun 2017 OP
NightWatcher Jun 2017 #1

Response to DemocratSinceBirth (Original post)

Mon Jun 19, 2017, 05:58 PM

1. Or we should warn people to never ever ever visit North Korea

Oh wait....

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/north-korea-travel-warning.html

The Department of State strongly warns U.S. citizens not to travel to North Korea/the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK). U.S. citizens in the DPRK are at serious risk of arrest and long-term detention under North Korea’s system of law enforcement. This system imposes unduly harsh sentences for actions that would not be considered crimes in the United States and threatens U.S. citizen detainees with being treated in accordance with “wartime law of the DPRK.” Since the United States does not maintain diplomatic or consular relations with North Korea, the U.S. government has no means to provide normal consular services to U.S. citizens in North Korea. This notice updates the number of U.S. citizens who have been detained in North Korea and replaces the Travel Warning dated February 7, 2017.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread