HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I believe that greed and ...

Mon May 8, 2017, 07:04 AM

I believe that greed and corruption and nepotism are the cause of the worlds economic and social

problems of today. Greed has to be the worse contributor to our social ills. I can remember when job security was not an evil plot of the left but a reasonable plan for a stable and prosperous society. Sure there was corruption and nepotism but those in power seemed to understand that sharing prosperity and ensuring security and taking reasonable care of the poor kept us a reasonably functioning nation. What happened? Now it seems as though all the powers care about is having and taking more and more from others and making sure that no one else gets anything. We never have been a perfect nation but the hate, fear, and selfishness today is mind boggling.

3 replies, 2492 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply I believe that greed and corruption and nepotism are the cause of the worlds economic and social (Original post)
nikibatts May 2017 OP
underthematrix May 2017 #1
democratisphere May 2017 #2
Blue Meany May 2017 #3

Response to nikibatts (Original post)

Mon May 8, 2017, 07:04 AM

1. Yes they're known as international crime families

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon May 8, 2017, 07:10 AM

2. Rome will continue to burn until the malignant cancerous monarch and his family in the WH

are removed and replaced with a person of reason, sanity and community.

Reply to this post

Mon May 8, 2017, 07:47 AM

3. During the cold war, the 1% was afraid of communism, so they

were willing to allow for a large middle class and general prosperity to show that capitalism was a better system. Now, they no longer have to make that argument.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread