HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Woman with terminal cance...

Thu May 4, 2017, 09:03 AM

Woman with terminal cancer jailed due to medication in her system

Way to go, Kansas! Now this woman will miss her next chemo appointment.

WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) - A grandmother with terminal cancer is in the Sedgwick County Jail because of THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, in her system while she was driving.

But the THC was in her system because it is in a medication her pharmacist says she needs in order to eat while on chemotherapy. Angela Kastner has colorectal cancer. KAKE News spoke with her Tuesday night, right before she reported to jail for a 48-hour sentence. She's in jail as a result of a DUI, although she had nothing to drink.

"I had ... Marinol in my system that the doctors in Oklahoma gave me to fight cancer. I've been fighting cancer 5 years," Kastner said.

Marinol is an FDA approved medication for cancer patients. It helps them keep down food. It's a synthetic form of THC, but it's legal. According to her pharmacist, the amount of THC in her blood is not enough to make anyone high. The time Kastner will spend in jail will force her to miss a chemo session, which will force her to restart her whole regimen. Her doctor is not happy.

http://www.kake.com/story/35335390/woman-with-terminal-cancer-jailed-over-medication-in-her-system

4 replies, 2461 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Woman with terminal cancer jailed due to medication in her system (Original post)
True Dough May 2017 OP
jpak May 2017 #1
DURHAM D May 2017 #2
True Dough May 2017 #3
dixiegrrrrl May 2017 #4

Response to True Dough (Original post)

Thu May 4, 2017, 09:05 AM

1. Laaaaaaw an' odah

yup

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu May 4, 2017, 09:07 AM

2. Link?

ETA: This would never happen to a white male.

Reply to this post

Thu May 4, 2017, 02:31 PM

4. If that were my family member, I would be finding a very aggressive lawyer.

Cannabis metabolites can tell if anything WAS in the system, not if they are using today.
and obviously medical marijuana should be an exception.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread