HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Night a Bunch of Low-...

Fri Apr 21, 2017, 11:28 AM

The Night a Bunch of Low-Class People Took Over the White House

by Michael Tomasky

Itís one of the simple realities of American politics that conservatives get to make fun of liberalsí folkways without penalty, but when liberals belittle conservatives over theirs, theyíre being out-of-touch elitists.

There was a famous attack ad against Howard Dean made by the Club for Growth back in 2004, in which an older white couple deliver themselves of the opinion that Gov. Dean should take his ďtax-hiking, government-expanding, latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving, New York Times-reading, body-piercing, Hollywood-loving left-wing freak show back to Vermont where it belongs.Ē

The ad was credited as damaging Dean badly in Iowa. No liberal group, needless to say, has ever made an ad that Iím aware of advising that some Republican candidate should take his rich-worshipping, government-killing, moonshine-swilling, steak-eating, pickup-driving, Guns & Ammo-reading, arm-tattooing, Jesus-loving right-wing freak show back to Alabama where it belongs. Such an ad would be considered one of the most boneheaded plays of all time.

So I know what Iím walking into here, but the hell with it. Sarah Palin, Ted Nugent, and Kid Rock are totally classless people. First of all, hats in the Oval Office. I think thatís appalling. Iíve been in the Oval Office (though not while a president was there). Itís awe-inspiring to walk into that room. Peopled though itís been with crooks and drunkards, itís humbling. I could no more wear a hat in that room than take a piss in Chartres Cathedral. Theyíll say this means I donít understand their culture. I say it means they donít understand respect. What a couple of low-rent mofos.

more
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/21/the-night-a-bunch-of-low-class-people-took-over-the-white-house.html

5 replies, 3828 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Night a Bunch of Low-Class People Took Over the White House (Original post)
n2doc Apr 2017 OP
Tribalceltic Apr 2017 #1
flyingfysh Apr 2017 #2
malchickiwick Apr 2017 #5
muntrv Apr 2017 #3
smirkymonkey Apr 2017 #4

Response to n2doc (Original post)

Fri Apr 21, 2017, 11:42 AM

1. If Reagan had not let them all out

These "people" would be getting appropriate treatment in a mental health facility. The Lunatics are truly running the asylum.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Apr 21, 2017, 11:56 AM

2. It has been worst

For the inauguration of Andrew Jackson, some reports say that a drunken mob inside broke China and furniture, and ground food into the carpets.

Then, there was the time the White House was burned by the British Army.

Reply to this post

Response to flyingfysh (Reply #2)

Fri Apr 21, 2017, 12:13 PM

5. In fact, that's how it became the "White House"....

It was painted to cover up the fire damage...we didn't start calling it the White House until much later.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 21, 2017, 12:00 PM

3. The chickenhawks came home to roost.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 21, 2017, 12:09 PM

4. K&R

The more I think about their behavior, the angrier I get.

In fact, the more I think about there mere presence in the White House, the angrier I get.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread