HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Husband of New York judge...

Fri Apr 21, 2017, 08:04 AM

Husband of New York judge found dead challenges reports of apparent suicide

The sudden death of Judge Sheila Abdus-Salaam — and the hours that led up to it — remains shrouded in mystery.

Shortly after the body of Abdus-Salaam, the first African American woman to serve on New York’s top court, was found floating fully clothed in the Hudson River with no apparent signs of trauma or criminality, local police said they were treating the death as an apparent suicide.

But about a week later, following an inconclusive autopsy, authorities have begun asking for the public’s help in the investigation. While there are still no signs of foul play, the case is being treated as suspicious, a spokesman from the New York Police Department said.

And on Wednesday, Abdus-Salaam’s widowed husband joined the police in appealing for help from anyone with information that might help determine what happened in the moments before her death. In his first public comments since the death, the judge’s husband, the Rev. Gregory Jacobs, firmly pushed back against reports that her death was an apparent suicide.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/husband-of-new-york-judge-found-dead-challenges-reports-of-apparent-suicide/ar-BBA4q04?li=BBnb7Kz

1 replies, 3723 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Husband of New York judge found dead challenges reports of apparent suicide (Original post)
NCTraveler Apr 21 OP
Me. Apr 21 #1

Response to NCTraveler (Original post)

Fri Apr 21, 2017, 10:37 AM

1. I Thought The Suicide Theory Was Off

Here's this successful woman who just got a big promotion plus was recently married and she goes out and jumps in the Hudson River? Doesn't compute.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread