HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ivanka Trump set to get W...

Mon Mar 20, 2017, 09:27 PM

Ivanka Trump set to get West Wing office

vanka Trump, who moved to Washington, D.C., saying she would play no formal role in her father’s administration, is now officially setting up shop in the White House.

The powerful first daughter has secured her own office on the West Wing’s second floor — a space next to senior adviser Dina Powell, who was recently promoted to a position on the National Security Council. She is also in the process of obtaining a security clearance, and is set to receive government-issued communications devices this week.

In everything but name, the first daughter is settling in as what appears to be a full-time staffer in her father’s administration, with a broad and growing portfolio — except she is not being sworn in, will hold no official position, and is not pocketing a salary, her attorney said.

Ivanka Trump’s role, according to her attorney Jamie Gorelick, will be to serve as the president’s “eyes and ears” while providing broad-ranging advice, not just limited to women’s empowerment issues. Last week, for instance, Ivanka Trump raised eyebrows when she was seated next to Angela Merkel for the German chancellor’s first official visit to Trump’s White House.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/ivanka-trump-white-house-236273

5 replies, 1043 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ivanka Trump set to get West Wing office (Original post)
RandySF Mar 20 OP
gratuitous Mar 20 #1
infidelsavant Mar 20 #2
Bob Loblaw Mar 20 #3
Crash2Parties Mar 20 #4
Volaris Mar 20 #5

Response to RandySF (Original post)

Mon Mar 20, 2017, 09:31 PM

1. The President needs a baby sitter?

Remember how the Tea Baggers came unglued when Michelle Obama's mother moved into the White House to help look after Sasha and Malia? She wasn't drawing any pay, and she didn't have any official duties, but boy did it unleash a torrent of uninformed invective!

What do we hear from the Tea Baggers about Jared and Ivanka?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Mar 20, 2017, 09:32 PM

2. Not usually one to judge or stereotype, but

Ivanka hardly looks capable of operating a microwave properly.

Reply to this post

Response to infidelsavant (Reply #2)

Mon Mar 20, 2017, 09:58 PM

3. Not to worry,

I think they've removed all the microwave ovens for the obvious reasons.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 20, 2017, 10:30 PM

4. Sooooo, is she to be given the same level of clearance as the "President" ?

"Our view is that the conservative approach is for Ivanka to voluntarily comply with the rules that would apply if she were a government employee, even though she is not,"

Reply to this post

Response to Crash2Parties (Reply #4)

Mon Mar 20, 2017, 10:51 PM

5. ...and a child shall lead them.

A completely unqualified child, mind you.

(On edit) To specifically reply to your post, Crash, the first time she has access to material she isn't supposed to have, I want elected Dems to start screaming their heads off for her prosecution. I'm tired of this IOKIYAR bullshit, I'm to the point where illegal is ILLEGAL, and let's start putting fucking heads on spikes. I could care less how the Deplorable feel about it either. If they don't LIKE IT, then they can stop voting for CRIMINALS.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread