HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » SCOTUS rules in favor of ...

Fri Feb 24, 2017, 04:43 PM

SCOTUS rules in favor of girl with service dog

http://us.blastingnews.com/news/2017/02/supreme-court-rules-in-favor-of-girl-with-service-dog-001497125.html

If you have a service dog for epilepsy or anything else, I have Wonder-ful news!

Read the article to get the joke.

3 replies, 1163 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply SCOTUS rules in favor of girl with service dog (Original post)
NCDem777 Feb 2017 OP
Pachamama Feb 2017 #1
BeckyDem Feb 2017 #2
demmiblue Feb 2017 #3

Response to NCDem777 (Original post)

Fri Feb 24, 2017, 04:47 PM

1. I do!!!!

This is great news! My daughter inherited from me my rare heart condition and we have a service dog trained to alert if she or I are having a heart attack and need assistance to get the attention of someone.

This sweet dog sleeps next to her.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 24, 2017, 04:51 PM

2. LOVE IT!

The child and her dog, Wonder. Omg, that made me cry, today is a good day!

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 24, 2017, 04:53 PM

3. Please consider using a better source next time. Here is a good one:

Source: Freep

WASHINGTON — Wonder the goldendoodle will get another shot in court.

The U.S. Supreme Court today unanimously ruled that the U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals should reconsider whether Ehlena Fry and her family can sue a Jackson County school district for its decision years ago to tell Ehlena, who has cerebral palsy, that she couldn’t bring her service dog to school.

In Fry vs. Napoleon Community Schools, Ehlena’s parents and their lawyers from the American Civil Liberties Union argued in October that they shouldn’t be required to exhaust administrative remedies under the federal Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) before suing under a separate law involving access to public institutions, as the school district argued.

The eight-member court largely agreed — not deciding whether the Frys, who live in Manchester, had fully proved their argument, but sending it back to the lower court with instructions on a two-pronged standard that could help decide such cases in the future.

Read more: http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/02/22/supreme-court-michigan-service-dog/98249662/

Look at those two!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread