HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Why NYT, WaPo and Politic...

Sat Feb 4, 2017, 03:20 PM

Why NYT, WaPo and Politico should not hold private meetings with WH staff.

No meetings with WH staff should be off the record, while the President refuses to answer the press's questions in an open interview and when he has deliberately banned his staff from CNN for supposed negative coverage.

Trump's method of chastising one member of the press is done to make it clear to all members that they too could suffer the wrath of Trump. This is basic fear-mongering and it looks like NYT etc. have fallen for it . . .They have already given in to him by even agreeing to discuss their coverage with his staff. Their stance should be the meeting is news and as such they would be derelict in their duty if they refuse to publish what is said at the meeting.

While the press is giving reports based on "unnamed sources" who are "off the record", the least they could do is give the public a report on the meeting by named sources and on the record.

2 replies, 1163 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Why NYT, WaPo and Politico should not hold private meetings with WH staff. (Original post)
cheyanne Feb 2017 OP
MFM008 Feb 2017 #1
bettyellen Feb 2017 #2

Response to cheyanne (Original post)

Sat Feb 4, 2017, 03:24 PM

1. I would never meet with him again

The first meeting would have been proof of this.
It is not mandatory to meet with this maggot.
(I remember people refusing to meet with Obama.)
He doesn't deserve that type of deference.
Really pissed me off when he wasn't even in office and dems were
rushing over to his office.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to cheyanne (Original post)

Sat Feb 4, 2017, 04:00 PM

2. Yes! And they are also quoting cheerleaders for Trump "off the record" - and there is no reason to..

Protecting sources is only supposed to happen when the source is taking a risk - doing this when they are merely cheerleading is bizarrre. That's fake news. It needs to stop.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread