HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Donald Trump is not menta...

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 06:22 PM

Donald Trump is not mentally ill

Take it from the guy who writes the definitions of mental illness. Sometimes a jerk is just a jerk.

http://us.blastingnews.com/opinion/2017/02/donald-trump-is-not-mentally-ill-001444885.html

19 replies, 2076 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 19 replies Author Time Post
Reply Donald Trump is not mentally ill (Original post)
NCDem777 Feb 2017 OP
Goonch Feb 2017 #1
NCDem777 Feb 2017 #15
UTUSN Feb 2017 #19
world wide wally Feb 2017 #2
Vinca Feb 2017 #3
loyalsister Feb 2017 #7
NCDem777 Feb 2017 #8
Vinca Feb 2017 #17
loyalsister Feb 2017 #4
Merlot Feb 2017 #5
kerry-is-my-prez Feb 2017 #11
Merlot Feb 2017 #14
Maru Kitteh Feb 2017 #6
NCDem777 Feb 2017 #9
loyalsister Feb 2017 #10
kerry-is-my-prez Feb 2017 #13
loyalsister Feb 2017 #18
demmiblue Feb 2017 #12
TrekLuver Feb 2017 #16

Response to NCDem777 (Original post)

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 06:25 PM

1. mental illness

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Goonch (Reply #1)

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 08:30 PM

15. With all due respect

are you his doctor?

Reply to this post

Response to Goonch (Reply #1)

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 10:57 PM

19. Ill/not-ill I don't give a damn, how about totally distasteful/a-hole/autocrat/insecure/

jerk/unbecoming-an-officer/unworthy-of-human-interaction/pendejo/grandson-of-a-brothel-keeper/ dot dot dot?!1

Do any of those (and *many* more) non-diagnostic labels work for you?!1

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 06:38 PM

2. This is one of those rare combinations of both of these conditions

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 06:44 PM

3. Well, that's one guy who thinks he isn't nuts. Many psychiatrists and psychologists have been

saying the exact opposite. All I can say is that years ago I worked in a psychiatric hospital and Don the Con seems awfully familiar.

Reply to this post

Response to Vinca (Reply #3)

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 06:51 PM

7. They are violating the standard of not making a dx unless they have evaluated him personally

because it is unethical and irresponsible.

Reply to this post

Response to loyalsister (Reply #7)

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 06:53 PM

8. Just about to say that

Reply to this post

Response to loyalsister (Reply #7)

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 08:40 PM

17. While ethically true, what you see is what you get.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 06:46 PM

4. Exactly

He's also a bully.
He has spent his life in a privileged bubble where he probably could fire anyone who tells him he's wrong.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 06:48 PM

5. There is a big difference between personality disorder

and mental illness. disordered people can ususally live their lives ok (while making those around them miserable). Mentally ill people have a lot more obsticles.

Reply to this post

Response to Merlot (Reply #5)

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 07:26 PM

11. Personality disorders are still listed in the DSM as a mental "disorder" so you could still loosely

call him "mentally ill," I believe. They do a lot of "crazy" things (suicidal gestures) that cause them to be baker acted/petitioned and hospitalized. You so are right about them making everyone around them miserable. Being in the psych field, we tremble when we hear someone with a personality disorder is arriving. They cause as much trouble as 50 other people with any other disorder (what we used to call axis I disorder.) there is no pill you can give them to help.

I would not be surprised if he did not have bipolar 2 disorder. Anyone who has declared bankruptcy as many times he has, has had as many sexual scandals and is awake and tweeting crazy shit at 3 am and also stating (and believing) that he can solve the world's problems with craaaaazy solutions would be an excellent example. He also exhibits very risky and grandiose behavior.

Reply to this post

Response to kerry-is-my-prez (Reply #11)

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 08:20 PM

14. Yes, I get that.

My concern is that by calling drumptf "mentally ill" it takes away his responsibility for his horrible behavior. A lot of highly functioning people are disordered and live "normal" lives. I've had experience with one or two disordered people and understand how you feel when you hear someone with a personality disorder is arriving.

When I hear the words "mental illness" I think of schizophrenia where it's obvious that the person is ill. I feel for those people.

Due to my previous experiences, nothing is suprising me so at least I'm not feeling the anxiety so many people are. His actions are horrible and doing irreparable damage to our country. But people who think if we get rid of drumptf we get rid of the problem are not holding the rest of the repubs accountable.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 06:50 PM

6. Donald Fucking Trump has at least one personality disorder and characteristics of many

others.

Denying this at this point with all the available evidence puts one on the level of climate denial.

Reply to this post

Response to Maru Kitteh (Reply #6)

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 06:55 PM

9. Unless a psychologist who has interacted with Trump personally

says that then ethically, I have to go with the just a jerk theory.

Reply to this post

Response to Maru Kitteh (Reply #6)

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 06:55 PM

10. evidence??

The psychiatrists, psychologists, and people who love to diagnose people from a distance have not had access to any direct evaluative information to make a Dx. It's a ridiculous, ableist narrative.

Reply to this post

Response to loyalsister (Reply #10)

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 07:37 PM

13. If someone had access to tapes of him being interviewed, could interview family members, read

his writings, I wouldn't condemn a professional for giving them a "provisional diagnosis." We have people who refuse to speak to us or cooperate and we diagnose them all the time..... It may not be totally "proper" to "officially" diagnose a person without questioning them directly, but people are diagnosed all the time with a lot less information than we have about Trump, truthfully.

Reply to this post

Response to kerry-is-my-prez (Reply #13)

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 10:36 PM

18. Yeah

And, people desperately search for a diagnosis of people who shoot up theaters and churches. In both cases it lets the aggressor off the hook, while demonizing people who experience true mental illness. It puts greater distance between the observer and the perpatrator.
It also cruelly exploits the reality of mental illness. It's ableist bigotry.

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 07:29 PM

12. I'm not clicking on that link... it is not a legitimate site. n/t

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 3, 2017, 08:37 PM

16. I think he has a personality disorder or two and he is a bully and a dick. He's also not that

smart...however, he not the dumbest person in the world either...he does know how to play people and how to get what he wants. He's "street smart" and a con artist who has skirted some laws and manipulated others.

He is a terrible person with no redeeming qualities.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread