HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Alphabet, Facebook, Micro...

Thu Jan 26, 2017, 09:14 AM

Alphabet, Facebook, Microsoft 'in the crosshairs' as other countries retaliate against Trump

The protectionist policies of President Donald Trump will be bad for technology companies, Roger McNamee, co-founder of venture capital firm Elevation Partners, told CNBC's "Fast Money" on Wednesday.

The new administration's America-first message may damage domestic tech companies' access to foreign markets and resources, particularly in China, he said.

"Our relationship with China is going to change radically and it doesn't look like it's going to get better," McNamee said.

Most unsettling to the investor is the potential destruction of global partnerships that have been built up over the past 70 years. Trump is trying to dismantle the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), an agreement between the U.S. and 11 other countries, among other trade partnerships.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/25/tech-investor-says.html

2 replies, 961 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Alphabet, Facebook, Microsoft 'in the crosshairs' as other countries retaliate against Trump (Original post)
HAB911 Jan 2017 OP
orwell Jan 2017 #1
titaniumsalute Jan 2017 #2

Response to HAB911 (Original post)

Thu Jan 26, 2017, 11:34 AM

1. But the TPP is evil...

...I heard it right here on the DU machine!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to HAB911 (Original post)

Thu Jan 26, 2017, 11:36 AM

2. I thought the TPP wasn't going to pass congress anyway

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread