HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » School bus monitor bullie...

Wed Jun 20, 2012, 10:28 PM

School bus monitor bullied by students -disturbing video

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20120620/NEWS01/306200023/Greece-bus-monitor-bullying-video?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CLocal%20News

An online fundraising effort to assist a Greece bus monitor verbally abused by students raised more than $70,000 in its first day.

The effort was set in motion by a video of 10 minutes of profane taunting endured on Monday by bus monitor Karen Klein.

Klein didn’t report the behavior and said she figured she had just ended the year on a bad note.

But one of the kids on the Greece Athena Middle School bus captured the incident on a cellphone camera. The video got pulled off of Facebook late Tuesday and was posted to YouTube. By early Wednesday, it had gone viral across the world.

In the video, Klein does her best to ignore the harassment.

“I was trying to just ignore them, hoping they would go away and it doesn’t work,” Klein said. “Trust me, they didn’t go away.”

The vile chorus included profanity, taunts, insults, jeers, physical ridicule and outright threats to Klein’s person and home.

</snip>

3 replies, 1929 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply School bus monitor bullied by students -disturbing video (Original post)
Cooley Hurd Jun 2012 OP
Son of Gob Jun 2012 #1
Cooley Hurd Jun 2012 #3
Rhiannon12866 Jun 2012 #2

Response to Cooley Hurd (Original post)

Wed Jun 20, 2012, 10:34 PM

1. Posted earlier by proud2BlibKansan

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Son of Gob (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 21, 2012, 06:48 AM

3. That;s because adv search isn't working correctly...

...plus, this is GD, so dupes are allowed.

Reply to this post

Response to Cooley Hurd (Original post)

Thu Jun 21, 2012, 02:52 AM

2. This is just awful!

What is wrong with these kids?! Do they treat their teachers like this?

We had bullies on the school bus when I was a kid. My Dad got a phone call from the irate father of this big older kid who had been picking on me because I hit him over the head with my lunchbox. I think my Dad was amused.

These kids need to be reported, be forced to apologize and do community service and/or spend a couple of years in detention...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread