HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Prescient: Getting That ...

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 12:03 PM

Prescient: Getting That 1969 Vibe in November 2016

Last edited Fri Nov 18, 2016, 12:45 PM - Edit history (1)

18-23 yo college students in 1969 we're a minority of baby boomers, like 20% ballparking. So it was easy to Swift boat John Kerry in 2004. The baby boomers true representatives are the Freedom Caucas and their mascot DJT. I found this whole article including a sobering 1972 electoral map is worth the read so I linked for your consideration.

"Is the Left risking a repeat of 1972 as their proxies flood the streets in quixotic protest? To be sure… the judgement of the Left is falling on President-elect Trump. But where will the judgement of the nation fall? Are young protestors making the very same mistake their grandparents made in the late 60s and early 70s?"

Snip

3 replies, 818 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Prescient: Getting That 1969 Vibe in November 2016 (Original post)
phallon Nov 2016 OP
splat Nov 2016 #1
phallon Nov 2016 #2
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Nov 2016 #3

Response to phallon (Original post)

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 12:59 PM

1. 1972 VP candidate was revealed to have had shock treatments for mental illness

George McGovern, the Bernie of his time, chose Thomas Eagleton as his VP candidate. 1972 America was not going along when he was revealed to have had several hospitalizations for depression. He quit the ticket in August and was replaced by Kennedy brother-in-law Sargent Shriver. The whole election was in disarray. The Democrat ticket was not a viable alternative to anything.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to splat (Reply #1)

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 01:02 PM

2. The irony was McGovern was a heroic WWII bomber pilot, more missions than HW Bush.

Reply to this post

Response to phallon (Reply #2)

Fri Nov 18, 2016, 01:27 PM

3. It was suggested he run on that

But he refused

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread