HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » It's time for Bill Maher ...

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 07:50 PM

It's time for Bill Maher in a short 2 hours ---here is the run down of guests

Friends at DU: I had a rough day today and need diversion and a laugh or two. Join me at 10 pm EST / HBO and see if we can find some of that

REAL TIME WITH BILL MAHER continues its 14th season FRIDAY, SEPT. 30 (10:00-11:00 p.m. live ET/tape-delayed PT), exclusively on HBO.

Allowing Maher to offer his unique perspective on contemporary issues, the show includes an opening monologue, roundtable discussions with panelists, and interviews with guests.

Actor Sean Penn is the top-of-show interview guest. Comedian Sarah Silverman is the mid-show interview guest. The roundtable guests are Snapchat executive Peter Hamby, economist Steve Moore and political commentator Angela Rye.

6 replies, 1061 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply It's time for Bill Maher in a short 2 hours ---here is the run down of guests (Original post)
Mira Sep 2016 OP
yallerdawg Sep 2016 #1
rurallib Sep 2016 #2
yallerdawg Sep 2016 #3
rurallib Sep 2016 #4
Gabi Hayes Sep 2016 #5
yallerdawg Sep 2016 #6

Response to Mira (Original post)

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 07:58 PM

1. I'll be there!

Sarah Silverman alone is worth the price of admission!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to yallerdawg (Reply #1)

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 08:14 PM

2. yes she is!

but we don't have HBO

Reply to this post

Response to rurallib (Reply #2)

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 08:22 PM

3. You can get it, HBO has good shows...

or wait for it to be "shared!"

You can even try it?

https://order.hbonow.com/

Reply to this post

Response to yallerdawg (Reply #3)

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 08:28 PM

4. We will be changing our service in about two weeks

when we do we will get a few months free.

We have had it before and outside of Maher there isn't much we watch on there. We can usually see Maher in segments on youtube the next day if we want.

Reply to this post

Response to Mira (Original post)

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 08:29 PM

5. haaaaa...moore is a crank, a hack, and, to top it off, a HUGE liar

http://www.cjr.org/united_states_project/stephen_moore_heritage_foundation_paul_krugman_kansas_city_star.php

Why one editor won’t run any more op-eds by the Heritage Foundation’s top economist

It all began a month ago, when the Star ran a piece by the Nobel Prize-winning economist-turned- liberal New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, as it does regularly. The column named Moore as one of the “charlatans and cranks” who have influenced policymakers at all levels to enact low-tax, supply-side economic policies—with ruinous effects, according to Krugman. The sweeping 2013 tax cut in Kansas is only the latest example, he wrote, citing unfavorable economic and fiscal news in the Sunflower State.

this was a FUN read!

whenever I've seen Moore, he seems more like comic relief, yet he is/was the Heritage Foundation's most visible 'economist'

Reply to this post

Response to Gabi Hayes (Reply #5)

Fri Sep 30, 2016, 11:06 PM

6. Without 'spoiling,' I don't think I have ever seen...

a more pissed-off, exasperated group of left-leaning progressive-minded people on any "Real Time."

Bill Maher and company tonight demonstrate this isn't funny anymore.

"Thank you, Republicans voters!"

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread