HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Raw Story. They will be h...

Mon Sep 26, 2016, 12:12 PM

Raw Story. They will be here after HRC wins. Bundy types everywhere

Georgia voter predicts civil war if Clinton wins: ‘Patriots are going to overthrow the government’

A Georgia man whose family was attacked by a Muslim woman wielding an American flag said he’s preparing for civil war if Hillary Clinton wins the election.

Jimmy Arno told NPR he’s concerned about the direction of the United States, and he cited the bizarre encounter last year as proof that armed revolt might be necessary to keep people like himself in charge.

“I want grandchildren, but the way this country is right now, I don’t want to do that to these children,” said Arno, an auto mechanic and the father of two teenage children. “Think about what it’s going to be like in 18 years, if a child is born right now.”

The Lawrenceburg family made local and national news last year after 30-year-old Amina Ahra took the flag from their mailbox and attacked Dami Arno and her 17-year-old daughter, and her 14-year-old son grabbed the family gun to ward off the attacker until police arrived.

“If you go to a movie theater, you’re liable to get shot, you go to a mall, you’re liable to get shot,” Jimmy Arno said. “If you go to Atlanta or a major city, you’re liable to be shot or attacked.”

Dani Arno expressed concern about a Black Lives Matter protest at the local high school, and Jimmy Arno expressed dismay at the demonstration against the display of Confederate flags.

The Arnos used to fly a Confederate flag but took it down out of courtesy after some of their daughter’s friends said it made them uncomfortable, although they still hang a framed portrait of Robert E. Lee over their living room couch.

Jimmy Arno blames President Barack Obama for the increase in racial tensions that worry him

“I know that we were a whole lot further along racially eight years ago than we are today,” he said.

The couple both plan to vote for Donald Trump, saying Hillary Clinton would just be a continuation of the Obama administration, and they dismissed stories about the real estate developer cheating contractors and other “ordinary people.”

“Hillary wants to be elected and Donald Trump wants to be elected,” Jimmy Arno said. “They’re going to talk bad about everything that they can about the other candidate so that you vote for them. I discount the whole thing, because I want to know what your plan is to help the country, that’s what I want to know. Donald Trump, if I understand him correctly, and I hope I do, he wants to stop the flow of illegal people in this country. Stop the flow. Well, by stopping the flow, more Americans have an opportunity to go to work because they’re not losing their jobs to illegal immigrants.”

Jimmy Arno told NPR he was considering joining a local militia group, because he wants to be prepared in case his darkest fears become a reality.

“Should martial law, civil war — whatever — break out in this country, they will uphold the Constitution and rebuild our loss,” he said. “The war that’s going to break out if Hillary Clinton’s elected, if that happens. Your patriots are going to overthrow the government.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/georgia-voter-predicts-civil-war-if-clinton-wins-patriots-are-going-to-overthrow-the-government/

8 replies, 1109 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply Raw Story. They will be here after HRC wins. Bundy types everywhere (Original post)
phallon Sep 2016 OP
unblock Sep 2016 #1
Brickbat Sep 2016 #2
phallon Sep 2016 #5
The_Casual_Observer Sep 2016 #3
Coyotl Sep 2016 #4
phallon Sep 2016 #6
Warpy Sep 2016 #7
phallon Sep 2016 #8

Response to phallon (Original post)

Mon Sep 26, 2016, 12:15 PM

1. yeah that racial tension is all obama's fault. being black for a while is one thing, but 8 years?

sheesh, what was he thinking?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Sep 26, 2016, 12:15 PM

2. NPR. Divided States: Georgia Auto Mechanic Ties Racial Tensions To Obama

http://www.npr.org/2016/09/26/495435828/divided-states-of-america-georgia-auto-mechanic

Why settle for a rewrite, when you can have the real thing?

Reply to this post

Response to Brickbat (Reply #2)

Mon Sep 26, 2016, 12:33 PM

5. I gave up on NPR

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 26, 2016, 12:17 PM

3. If there was martial law it would be declared

By Trump. If this happened, his militia buddies would be the enforcers not the rebels.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 26, 2016, 12:32 PM

4. So much concern, so little fact. Why try to start a panic?

Oh yeah, so people will vote Trump!

Where's the story about how there are two insane people who support Democrats. .... Oh wait, ......

Reply to this post

Response to Coyotl (Reply #4)

Mon Sep 26, 2016, 12:38 PM

6. Have you been to TX lately?

Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas all vote Democratic and yet the turnout is so low, it's a Ted Nugent state.

I finally moved to Colorado, now the polls here are tied.

Reply to this post

Response to phallon (Reply #6)

Mon Sep 26, 2016, 01:10 PM

7. I remember trying to tell the SDS in Boston

what the rest of the country was like since I'd lived there and they hadn't. No one believed me and they were pissed off by the suggestion that the people they considered toothless inbred morons were the ones they most needed to convince.

I'm in NM now and realize the west is GOP because of the tradition of stubborn self reliance out here. It's almost like a time warp, most people not realizing what their party has become since 1969. That's something the Democrats need to deal with but while the DLC is starving the west and concentrating their campaign cash on sure things back east, nothing will change.

As for CO, I suggest you tell every stoner you know that the first thing the Republicans will do there is take away their legal weed. Not only is that the truth, it's one of the few things that will get them to vote.

Reply to this post

Response to Warpy (Reply #7)

Mon Sep 26, 2016, 01:25 PM

8. I don't think Rebubs will get rid of pot

They love not being criminals too. But to your point, DLC is irrelevant now. Howard Dean needs to take back the Party apparatus and recreate 2006. He knows how to talk to western Democrats and those that are Dems and just don't know it yet, like half of Trump supporters that don't follow their gut feelings to their logical conclusions.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread