HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Visiting relatives in Pen...

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 02:25 AM

Visiting relatives in Pennsylvania.

I never knew how much I didn't know about Obama and Trump.

The US military does not answer to President Obama or as they say " that black muzzy in our whitehouse "

The joint chiefs of staff have no respect for him and GWB is responsible for getting Bin Ladin. He had put together a super secret task force that he controlled from Texas after he left DC. Bin Ladin was his call.

Trump getting the nuclear codes is a great thing because he will not be scared to use them.

Iran and Mexico are shaking in their shoes.

Anything and everything is Obama's fault.
The 2008 recession, Zika virus, cop shootings,Benghazi, teen pregnancy and terrorism are just a few.

Trump will bring jobs back by making imported goods so expensive that they will have to be made here here.

Welfare, Obamacare and social programs will be cut so that the middle class can get a yuuuuuge tax cut.

Mind you these people are on SS and Medicare but it won't affect them.

I could go on and on but it would be redundant.

Can't believe these folks can vote.

14 replies, 2192 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 14 replies Author Time Post
Reply Visiting relatives in Pennsylvania. (Original post)
Lance Bass esquire Aug 2016 OP
piechartking Aug 2016 #1
Lance Bass esquire Aug 2016 #2
MFM008 Aug 2016 #3
TreasonousBastard Aug 2016 #4
jtuck004 Aug 2016 #5
Freddie Aug 2016 #6
Lance Bass esquire Aug 2016 #13
Soxfan58 Aug 2016 #7
Sherman A1 Aug 2016 #8
LoverOfLiberty Aug 2016 #9
Soxfan58 Aug 2016 #10
Lance Bass esquire Aug 2016 #14
athena Aug 2016 #11
duncang Aug 2016 #12

Response to Lance Bass esquire (Original post)

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 02:32 AM

1. Some folks just feel like they don't have much to lose I guess

I know a lot of my wife's family are lower middle class working whites (I'm Asian), and many of them honestly think things couldn't get worse. I guess it's time to pop in that VHS (yes, VHS, at their house) of Waterworld or Mad Max and educate them on highlights of post-Nuclear life.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to piechartking (Reply #1)

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 02:39 AM

2. The hate for Obama is insane.

It's like everything that is wrong in thier lives and America didn't happen till he was sworn in.

We lived in Mayberry or something before then.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 02:52 AM

3. Yeah

I had an uncle like that in Pittsburgh , he's dead one less tea party vote.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 02:53 AM

4. Even worse (if possible) is that if Trump wins and the whole place falls apart...

none of that will be his fault.

It will still be Obama's fault.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 04:22 AM

5. Anyone in their family every provide a veteran for the military? n/t

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 04:47 AM

6. Where in PA?

Just curious.
HRC will win here because the folks in the largely D and largely minority cities hate Trump. I live in the Philly burbs which have been trending D lately because we tend to be liberal on social issues.
My brother lives in the Alabama part of the state (a little west of Harrisburg) and he hears what you hear a LOT.

Reply to this post

Response to Freddie (Reply #6)

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 08:32 AM

13. Northwest south of Erie area n/t

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 04:49 AM

7. My solution

Challenge their claim. If they say that Obamacare sucks, ask why, which part do they disagree with. I f they say Obama is a Muslim ask what proof they have, then say that if he is, isnt it wonderful we live in a country where freedom of religion is guaranteed in the constitution. All these people know is what they hear on fux news, and they are never good debaters
This is the DU member formerly known as Soxfan58.

Reply to this post

Response to Soxfan58 (Reply #7)

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 05:04 AM

8. Agreed

It is always best to do so calmly and as quietly as possible, considering it's family one needs to be diplomatic.

Reply to this post

Response to Sherman A1 (Reply #8)

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 05:15 AM

9. I have found

that some people will not discuss these things rationally and the final word will be them accusingly asking "WHY DO YOU HATE AMERICA?!?"

Reply to this post

Response to LoverOfLiberty (Reply #9)

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 05:22 AM

10. You win!

This is the DU member formerly known as Soxfan58.

Reply to this post

Response to Soxfan58 (Reply #7)

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 08:47 AM

14. To be honest they are beyond redemption.

These folks are mostly in their late 70s and when it comes to facts they just don't care.

As long as that "thug" is POTUS America is in danger

My parents...one a Republican, the other a right leaning independent can't believe these family members are from the same gene pool.

These haters are just going to keep hate'in till they take the big dirt nap.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 06:14 AM

11. Do these people understand what "not being scared

to use" the nuclear codes means?

Do they have any idea what it would mean for the United States, and for the world, for any country to use a nuclear weapon today?

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2016/07/14/a-stark-nuclear-warning/

When President Kennedy addressed the nation and said that any nuclear missile launched from Cuba would be met by “a full retaliatory response upon the Soviet Union,” Perry knew exactly what that meant. He had been studying such nuclear strategies for ten years. Each day as he went to the analysis center, he thought to himself that this would be “my last day on earth.”

Perry says it was by luck that we avoided a nuclear holocaust in the Cuban crisis. Years later, we found out that there were some additional and dangerous circumstances that might have pushed us into nuclear war.

(snip)

Perry tells us that parity is “old thinking” because nuclear weapons can’t actually be used—the risk of uncontrollable and catastrophic escalation is too high. They are only good for threatening the enemy with nuclear retaliation. Our submarine force, equipped with nuclear weapons, is virtually invulnerable and can perform that deterrent function well. (It should be noted that the doctrine of deterrence is severely criticized by those who worry about the implications of threatening mass slaughter.6)

(snip)

While many complain of the obvious dysfunction in Washington, few see the incomparably greater danger of “nuclear doom” because it is hidden and out of public consciousness. Despite an election year filled with commentary and debate, no one is discussing the major issues that trouble Perry. It is another example of the rigid conformity that often dominates public discourse. Long ago, I saw this in the Vietnam War and later in the invasion of Iraq: intelligent people were doing mindless—and catastrophic—things. “Sleepwalking” is the term historians now use for the stupidities that got European leaders into World War I and for the mess they unleashed at Versailles. And sleepwalking still continues as NATO and Russia trade epithets and build their armies and Moscow and Washington modernize their nuclear overkill. A new cold war.

Reply to this post

Thu Aug 4, 2016, 07:45 AM

12. On the "Obamacare" this was originally pushed by repubs

They were only against it after Obama was for it. Then they did everything in their power to screw it up.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread