HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Alabama county refuses to...

Fri Jun 17, 2016, 07:29 PM

Alabama county refuses to lower flag to honor Orlando shooting victims

Officials in an Alabama county refused to lower flags to half-staff to honor the victims of the Orlando mass shooting this week even after President Barack Obama and Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley ordered flags to be lowered.

Citing the U.S. Flag Code, Baldwin County Commissioner Tucker Dorsey told CNN's Erin Burnett on "OutFront" Friday that while he is "certainly heartbroken in the face of tragedy," the code states that the flag should only be lowered "for instances where there are the passing of individuals who have given significant distinguished service to our country."
Dorsey added that the code states that the flag is to be lowered on Memorial Day and to commemorate the deaths of government officials.

In a Facebook post published Tuesday, Dorsey wrote that Baldwin County also didn't lower the flags after the Paris terror attacks in November and the shooting in San Bernardino, California, in December by a married couple who pledged allegiance to ISIS.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/17/politics/alabama-county-refuse-lower-flag-orlando/index.html

3 replies, 575 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Alabama county refuses to lower flag to honor Orlando shooting victims (Original post)
Liberal_in_LA Jun 2016 OP
trumad Jun 2016 #1
Night Watchman Jun 2016 #2
yeoman6987 Jun 2016 #3

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Original post)

Fri Jun 17, 2016, 07:34 PM

1. Dicks!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jun 17, 2016, 07:50 PM

2. Sweet Home?

Yeah, riiiight!

Reply to this post

Fri Jun 17, 2016, 07:50 PM

3. I'd rather see towns that did. We probably had thousands of great towns across our country

Do this. I know mine did. All the businesses did to.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread