HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ronnie Claire Edwards, Co...

Thu Jun 16, 2016, 12:43 AM

Ronnie Claire Edwards, Corabeth on The Waltons, has died

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/ronnie-claire-edwards-as-corabeth-godsey-on-the-waltons-image-dated-picture-id156980375

?itok=Kx_ldayP

Ronnie Claire Edwards, a veteran actress who is best known for playing Corabeth Godsey on “The Waltons” has died. She was 83 years old.

The Oklahoma-born actress began performing in 1963, but her most noted work was during the 1970s. She appeared on several television shows in various roles until taking the part of Corabeth on “The Waltons” in 1975. She remained with the series until 1981, appearing in over 100 episodes. She also appeared in three “Waltons” made-for-TV movies in 1982.

Remaning active into the 21st century, Edwards appeared in the films “Nobody’s Fool” (1986) with Roseanna Arquette, and “The Dead Pool” (1988) featuring Clint Eastwood. She was also in several TV movies such as “Sweet Bird of Youth” (1989), Guess Who’s Coming for Christmas” (1990), and other “Waltons” TV movie in 1993 and 1995. She also made appearances on such shows as “Star Trek: The Next Generation.” Edwards also landed recurring roles in a few more TV series, such as “Boone,” “Sara,” and “Just in Time,” none of these lasting more than a season.

http://www.examiner.com/article/waltons-actress-ronnie-claire-edwards-has-died

3 replies, 671 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ronnie Claire Edwards, Corabeth on The Waltons, has died (Original post)
Liberal_in_LA Jun 2016 OP
MFM008 Jun 2016 #1
Liberal_in_LA Jun 2016 #2
alarimer Jun 2016 #3

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Original post)

Thu Jun 16, 2016, 02:13 AM

1. believe this or not

I never watched one episode of this show.

and i was 20 in '78.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MFM008 (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 16, 2016, 08:05 AM

2. Omg.

Reply to this post

Response to Liberal_in_LA (Original post)

Thu Jun 16, 2016, 08:36 AM

3. Sad. This show was such a part of my childhood.

I still think of that episode where the house burned down. It gave me nightmares.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread