RETIREE'S LAST TRIP TO COSTCO
RETIREE'S LAST TRIP TO COSTCO
Here's one for you.
Yesterday I was at Costco buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Necco, the Wonder Dog,
which weighs 191 lbs. (The dog, not the bag.) I was in the check-out line when a woman behind me asked
if I had a dog.
What did she think I had, an elephant?
So because I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her
that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again. I
added that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital
last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in
an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my
orifices and IVs in both arms.
I told her that it was essentially a Perfect Diet and that the way
that it works is, to load your jacket pockets with Purina Nuggets
and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry. The food
is nutritionally complete so it works well, and I was going to
try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone
in line was now enthralled with my story.)
Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care, because the dog
food poisoned me. I told her no, I stopped to pee on a fire hydrant
and a car hit me.
I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.
Costco won't let me shop there anymore.
Better watch what you ask retired people. They have all the
time in the world to think of crazy things to say.
He did it mostly to get the dogs all worked up. For dramatic effect.
We all had dogs in that household.
I am a bit confused.
Are you seriously banned from Costco, or is it just part of your story ?
If so, what is their reasoning for banning you ???
They don't like it when you do that.
Great story. I would have loved to see the expression on her face when you got to the punch line.
We had 3 cats when I first created a screen name. We had 5 until about a month ago, until our chronically ill guy (multiple problems starting in 2009, and ultimately accumulating 6 different diagnoses) crossed the Rainbow Bridge. He was not quite 12, so he had been on meds over half his life.
So, now we have 4. Ours are all rescues, too. I keep the original screen name to honor the 3 we had at the time, one of whom is still with us.
people that like you, love you, and that those that don't, think you're insane. Having daughters on each side of topic tells me that you are probably a master of pan face comedy and can separate the non-thinkers in three words or less.
but I bet that the last time you went to the hospital, you got a CAT scan.
and he stopped to sniff a poodle's butt when he was hit by the car.
(I branched off from the line about not being allowed to shop there anymore)
...because the line is so long with people buying 30 lbs. of frozen wings, 8 bottles of wine, 14 shirts, a surfboard, 36 rolls of paper towels, etc. etc. etc.
Great joke - thank you! (Was just in a Costco yesterday myself -- a 3-hour trip!)
(Hey, I got the joke. Seen it before actually, but still hilarious)
to say crazy things. I personally have a reputation for saying crazy things for quite some time.
Though I will be retiring in about a year, you can ask anyone who knows me if I say crazy things.
AFAIC, you gotta say crazy things, and make people laugh at them, while they think, or life isn't worth living.
Made my day.
I'm recently retired too. Since I love f'ing with people too (kinda reminds me of Betty White- Off their rockers), I'm going to start going out of my way to f with people even more.
This was a good one. I'll have to remember this. One thing for sure...... as I get older, the less I give a shit. It's all about having fun in life and with people. The gullible ones are the most fun.
I can be snarky, but nothing that good.
Most recently I asked the girl scouts selling cookies how many boxes of Thin Mints does it take before the start working.
Some of them actually keep bags of Purina monkey chow on hand for emergencies. One even keeps a bag in the trunk of his car. They get interesting looks when they explain that they don't actually have pet monkeys. The diets of most monkeys (including the species for which the monkey chow was made, primarily macaques) are close enough to human diets that humans can live quite well on monkey chow. I've never tried it myself, so I have no idea if such a diet is desirable.
(We used to refer to cheap ramen noodles as Purina Grad Student Chow.)
Sadly they don't believe in jobs for us either. I am including Clinton and Obama and their TPP and attacks on SS.
i had my co-stepdad (triad..in those days..MMF)
2 kids...running at me demanding candy in check out line, me aikidoing them to the ground/submission
only thing i saw was 2 moms going 'teach us that stuff!'
--on edit---on side note---
that was really funny!
kinda like when i asked for 4x40 pound bags of 'worlds best kitty litter' so i could make a latrine in the backyard
And an old one at that. Probably Readers Digest, circa 1967 or so.
before i was born, in a foreign country's literature
yep never saw it before
then again people have to explain natasha and moose and i love lucy jokes too
takes time to absorb popculture
but really, a 191 lb dog? Gotta get that thing looked at.
Funny slice of life, tho... THanks!
Was feeling really depressed, didn't think anything could make me laugh - but your post did it. Stopped to pee on a fire hydrant... lol
After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Walmart.
Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out. Equally unfortunate, my wife loves to browse.
Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter from the local Walmart.
Dear Mrs. Samuel,
Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behavior and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Samuel, are listed below and are documented by our video surveillance cameras.
1. June 15: Took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other peoples carts when they werent looking.
2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-minute intervals.
3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the womens restroom.
4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official voice, Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor.
5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to put a bag of M&Ms on layaway.
6. August 14: Moved a CAUTION WET FLOOR sign to a carpeted area.
7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers hed invite them in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department to which twenty children obliged.
8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began crying and screamed, Why cant you people just leave me alone? EMTs were called.
9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.
10. September 10: While handling guns in the hunting department, he asked the clerk where the antidepressants were.
11. October 3: Darted around the store suspiciously while loudly humming the Mission Impossible theme.
12. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his Madonna look by using different sizes of funnels.
13. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed through, yelled PICK ME! PICK ME!
14. October 21: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed a fetal position and screamed OH NO! ITS THOSE VOICES AGAIN!
And last, but not least:
15. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited awhile, then yelled very loudly, Hey! Theres no toilet paper in here. One of the clerks passed out.
I like to go back packing in regions where you are lucky to be 10 miles from a ROAD, much less anything that could be charitably be called "civilization" I keep a pound of dry cat food in a ziplock as "just in case" survival rations. It keeps damn near forever, is nutritionally complete and, unlike a granola bar or candy, I absolutely KNOW I'm not gonna eat it unless there is no other alternative!