HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Media got a first look at...

Thu Mar 24, 2016, 12:26 PM

Media got a first look at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge after occupation

The media were allowed in to see how Bundy and his band of terrorists had trashed the place;

The final cost of the cleanup is not fully known, even by officials with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. However, officials said the cost to taxpayers so far has been about $6.5 million.

Part of the cleanup process will involve the remediation of delicate, ancient archaeological items. Some were very damaged, officials said.

Safes were broken into at the refuge. Money, cameras and computers are missing and officials said that is just the beginning of the inventory.

Members of the media on tour were advised to watch their step in certain spots. After some pipes burst, officials said, militia members defecated “everywhere.”

I guess they wanted the place to feel like home.

Edit - I did go to the Friends of Malheur and made a donation to help them out.

http://www.malheurfriends.org/donate.html

2 replies, 888 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Media got a first look at Malheur National Wildlife Refuge after occupation (Original post)
47of74 Mar 2016 OP
KansDem Mar 2016 #1
47of74 Mar 2016 #2

Response to 47of74 (Original post)

Thu Mar 24, 2016, 12:48 PM

1. "Feces trench?"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to KansDem (Reply #1)

Thu Mar 24, 2016, 05:31 PM

2. IKR

At least they didn't go poo in the breakroom sink (or at least I HOPE they didn't), which with a lot of these reich wingers is saying something.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread