HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Andy Sternberg of Rotary ...

Fri Mar 4, 2016, 01:44 AM

Andy Sternberg of Rotary International depicts Kendrick Lamar as a monkey in tweet

https://twitter.com/andysternberg/status/705629371239784448

This racist moron who lists himself as "Currently leading" Social Media for Rotary International which is based in Evanston, IL decided for whatever reason to link to Kendrick Lamar's album on Spotify and include an animated GIF of a monkey sporting a ball cap, sunglasses and a shirt that Kendrick Lamar often wears during performances (see below).

You'd think this racist would know better since he seems to have an illustrious career in media.

From his Linkedin Page: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sternberg

Creative digital strategist and engagement executive with 15+ years experience directing and producing online media and events to amplify brands and engage communities.

Currently leading Social + Digital Media for Rotary International.

I have a Master's Degree in Online Journalism and have taught graduate level courses on digital tools and social media strategy for journalists as an adjunct instructor at USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism. I am currently developing a graduate course on Social Media and Content Curation for Northwestern University.

I'm passionate about technology and digital media as practical consumer tools and as agents for social change. I've delivered custom digital marketing and social media strategies across entertainment, tech, nonprofit and consumer verticals, working with Waze, Staples Center, ZZ Top, Google and The X Factor USA, among others.

I oversaw digital marketing and content strategies as Director of Interactive for Live Earth and Control Room, creating a global network of websites and developing and directing massive campaigns and content programs across multiple social media channels. I spearheaded online marketing campaigns for events such as the 2010 FIFA World Cup Opening Concert Celebration..

As news editor for LAist.com from 2007-2009 and associate editor from 2010-2011 I wrote nearly 1,000 posts and helped to establish the social media presence for LA's most-read city blog.

I've appeared on KTLA, Tribune News as a subject matter expert and have moderated and appeared on panels about social media and digital marketing at SFMusic Tech, Social Media Week, Web 2.0 Expo, Digital LA, Aspen Live and elsewhere.

0 replies, 1703 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Reply to this thread